I stayed at this hotel with my parents for five days in August. I'll keep it brief...
Bedroom- nice, comfortable bed
- Arrived at 930am (had an early flight). 5 hour wait to check in, not offered a coffee or anything
- 1 hour wait to be served in the lounge bar
- No porter to help with luggage
- Pubic hairs in the bathtub
- Squashed flies on mirror and bathroom wall
- Extortionate price for hotel meal (48€/pp): cold, poor food
- Hotel restaurant decorated like a cheap 90s wedding
- Too many members of staff surly and rude, to the point of ignorant
- Hotel very far from city centre- this wasn't really stated beforehand
- Small but loud themepark located in grounds of the hotel, open until 2am- never mentioned beforehand
- Staff did not know currency conversion rates, nor did they have the initiative to check them online
- Wi-fi was poor and often did not work in bedrooms
This is an expensive hotel, in an impressive location. Unfortunately, the staff, the low standards and the overall experience were less than what we had hoped for.
Think twice before you book this hotel, may be a caravan would be better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 km from the city centre of San Sebastian and close to the historic monument Palacio Miramar and Naval Museum. Restaurant, bar, meeting rooms. Swimming pool and parking facilities. Stunning views over the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Monte Igueldo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure San Sebastian Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Mercure San Sebastián Donostia
- Mercure Hotel San Sebastian