Sercotel Hotel Europa
Barcelo Costa Vasca(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$176
Barcelo.com
  • Pool
Hotel Arrizul Center(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$122
Silken Amara Plaza Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$147
  • Restaurant
Hotel San Sebastian(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$147
US$137
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Record(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$96
Tryp San Sebastian Orly Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$174
US$168
Melia.com
Hotel Palacio de Aiete(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$106
US$102
Sercotel Hotel Codina(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
  • Bar/Lounge
NH San Sebastian Donosti(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Niza(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$200
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgreat locationlift shaftcute hotelold townroom fridgela concha beachminute walkold fashioned styleshower curtainthe central bus stationnice sizeroom was clean and comfortablewalking distancepleasant staystayed here for nightseuros per nightnice walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We could not have been better welcomed than the way we were received at this hotel. We were given blue beach towels for the 2 minute dash to the ocean. Our room was spacious and the beds were so sumptuous that waking to find un cortado in the old town was later than expected. This hotel is in the commercial district with adjacent markets that have fresh fruit and great clothes. Trace the shoreline and you will find yourself in the old quarter with great food and wine. You couldn't be better placed in San Sebastian. The place is all marble and the staff twinkling kind. The rooms are double-glazed and quiet to street noise. Just a fantastic place. I dashed to the sea the first morning there. A little pricey, but it delivers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
DanielJEFERECEP, Director de Recepción at Sercotel Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you very much for your positive opinion! There is no better motivation to all of us than remarking the things we do well. It is always a pleasure to have happy people in the hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I staed two nights in the hotel towards the end of April.
After I had left the hotel and arrived in the airport in Biarritz for my flight home I realised that I had foolishly left my I-Pod and my Kindle in the hotel room. I remembered clearly that they were on the side table in the room where I had put them while I was packing. My friend who I was sharing the room with also remembered them being there.
It was a silly thing to do but I initially wasn't initially too worried as I felt sure the items would still be there, given that the rooms were all securely locked, and that they could send them on to me.
I contacted the hotel straight away but they replied and said they had checked the room and nothing had been found. I asked them to check the room a second time and they said they still could not find them.
In my third email to them I expressed my deep concern about the situation and asked them to investigate the matter further as I felt sure that they would equally be concerned about this serious lapse in their security.
Two items of significant value were left in a locked third floor room and yet they somehow managed to disappear completely in the, approximately, three hours between my checking out and their search of the room, during which time I imagine they were being cleaned and prepared for the next guests. I also never received a response to this email and received no word of apology from the hotel staff in any of the correspondences.
Due to this serious failure in the hotel's security I can only recommend that if you must go ahead and stay in this hotel, you keep any valuables with you at all times.
Aside from this, the hotel was very well located, the rooms were clean and the shower was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nick_Dublin1982

Dear Guest,

please apologize for not having found your lost items, we definetely looked for them several times, but we could not find them. Sorry for your bad experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We chose this hotel based solely on the location and it totally delivered on this aspect.
It is a very pleasant 15 minute walk to the old town and just 2 minutes from the beach. Don't get your hopes up about a sea view though, our "view" was the back of some buildings which meant very little natural daylight.
The room was very basic, as was the bathroom. It did have a large flat screen T.V. though, with just the one channel in English, but you don't come to San Sebastián to watch television.
It was definitely overpriced for a no frills 3 star but you are paying for the location. San Sebastián is the foodie capital of Spain and is therefore not the cheapest city to stay in. It's an ok choice if you don't plan on spending much time in your room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Spongebob1000
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed at Husa Europa hotel in San Sebastian for 1 night (10-11 April 13) in a double room.
From the hotel to the Central bus station there is approx. 20 minute walk (maybe less if walking without suitcases), but to the beach 3-5 minute walk. Near to the hotel (with the direction to the beach and opposite a square) there is a bicycle rental - great option for discovering San Sebastian, especially if there are only a few hours for that (like in our case).
Hotel was nice - double room on the sixth floor was spacious, very clean, tastefully decorated. The soundproofing from the street maybe was not the best, but this is an old (though very well kept) building, perhaps due to this fact nothing can be done about that.
Our travel agent sent to the hotel a notice that we would like to have a higher floor and a double bed - hotel was able to fulfill both our wishes (the sixth floor is the top floor).
The receptionist on the arrival was very welcoming and assisted with our requests for directions.
I suggest the hotel as a very good three star hotel. If someday coming again to San Sebastian (I truly hope I will) I would certainly consider staying here again.

The only downside was the hairdryer - ancient and it got hot very quickly - a towel was necessary to hold it.
I would like to suggest to the hotel management - please upgrade the hairdryers to the more modern ones.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ivijunior
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel really is only a 3 minute walk to the gorgeous San Sebastián beach.
It's noisy here. Lets cut to the chase really fast. The room itself was well appointed , the bathroom large, the staff very kind and courteous and immensely helpful, but the crashing, banging, yelling, screaming and slamming of doors all evening, all night and all morning led to a sleepless 3 nights....a dozen times I would have wagered a pay check that people were actually in our room partying.
Upon arrival, even though we had prepaid for our stay, we were informed that our reservation had been cancelled by the booking agent as they feared our credit card was fraudulent. A slight gasp from us and an obvious look of fear appeared on our faces as we'd just had a long travel from France with our three year old son. our fears were met with eased thoughts as Daniel mueller ( I sure hope I got his name right) assured us he'd make sure we were accommodated and looked after.
Daniel aided us with directions, help when my wife left her purse in a local taxi, further hotel bookings in another Spanish town and fielded a score of questions from us with courtesy and grace....
Hind sight being 20/20 we should have read a few more trip advisor recommendations as noise was mentioned often, but that's our own lack of investigation and not the property's fault.
The breakfast, only slightly overpriced is well stocked and has enough filling options to see you through dinner time.
If your going party all night and stay out on the town til the sun comes up then this is a perfect fit. If your looking for that long awaited slumber, um no...

• Stayed: February 2013
Piedad P, Director de Recepción at Sercotel Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Guest
First of all we apologize for the noise you suffered during your stay in our Hotel and at the same time we thank you for giving your opinion about it on Tripadvisor. It is very helpful for us to be aware of the importance of noise during our guests stay. Not all noise was produced by the hotel, but it is our responsibility to avoid it. Not only correct reservations are important. I hope you got refunded finally for your canceled booking. For any help do not hesitate to contact us.
We thank you also for the good service and staff rating you gave us, it motivates us very much to keep on treating guests as they are: our treasures!
Hoping you are all doing well we send you best regards to you and your family