“Near the beach, friendly and quaint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Husa Europa

Hotel Husa Europa
Huntsville, Alabama
“Near the beach, friendly and quaint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer. The rooms are small but the draw is the city andthe beach, not staying in the room. The pants press in the room was cool and I had fun pressing my clothes with it. The woman at the front desk was very helpful to us with directions and assistance finding a restaurant that could accommodate our group. One would pay more for spacious rooms elsewhere but this is a deal. Cute terrace also from which to look out onto the street. Quaint, cozy and excellent location!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank PocahontasTraveler
DanielJEFERECEP, jefe recepción at Hotel Husa Europa, responded to this review, 1 October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel online and were given San Martin as the address. After driving around for ages and having to illegally park we found the place on a side street off San Martin. They have no parking but that's my fault for not checking. The staff were very helpful.

It would have been nice if the floor was swept when they cleaned our room - it was covered in sand from the perfect beach which is a two minute walk away

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Pamtram
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I can say enough about the staff. They are friendly and accommodating. Great hotel near the beach and old town.Try a coffee shop called Pasteleria Rubi on Calle San Martin 39 for breakfast. It is a healthy option that includes cereal and yogurt with fresh fruit, if you want to get away from the typical bread options. If you would like to get the best Asian food, only half a block away from the hotel on Manterola Kalea 7, there is an excellent Oriental restaurant with a great Menu del Dia.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are a nice size.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DanielJEFERECEP, Jefe Recepción at Hotel Husa Europa, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive opinion! There is no better motivation to all of us than remarking the things we do well. It is always a pleasure to have happy people in the hotel.
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We could not have been better welcomed than the way we were received at this hotel. We were given blue beach towels for the 2 minute dash to the ocean. Our room was spacious and the beds were so sumptuous that waking to find un cortado in the old town was later than expected. This hotel is in the commercial district with adjacent markets that have fresh fruit and great clothes. Trace the shoreline and you will find yourself in the old quarter with great food and wine. You couldn't be better placed in San Sebastian. The place is all marble and the staff twinkling kind. The rooms are double-glazed and quiet to street noise. Just a fantastic place. I dashed to the sea the first morning there. A little pricey, but it delivers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
DanielJEFERECEP, Director de Recepción at Hotel Husa Europa, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I staed two nights in the hotel towards the end of April.
After I had left the hotel and arrived in the airport in Biarritz for my flight home I realised that I had foolishly left my I-Pod and my Kindle in the hotel room. I remembered clearly that they were on the side table in the room where I had put them while I was packing. My friend who I was sharing the room with also remembered them being there.
It was a silly thing to do but I initially wasn't initially too worried as I felt sure the items would still be there, given that the rooms were all securely locked, and that they could send them on to me.
I contacted the hotel straight away but they replied and said they had checked the room and nothing had been found. I asked them to check the room a second time and they said they still could not find them.
In my third email to them I expressed my deep concern about the situation and asked them to investigate the matter further as I felt sure that they would equally be concerned about this serious lapse in their security.
Two items of significant value were left in a locked third floor room and yet they somehow managed to disappear completely in the, approximately, three hours between my checking out and their search of the room, during which time I imagine they were being cleaned and prepared for the next guests. I also never received a response to this email and received no word of apology from the hotel staff in any of the correspondences.
Due to this serious failure in the hotel's security I can only recommend that if you must go ahead and stay in this hotel, you keep any valuables with you at all times.
Aside from this, the hotel was very well located, the rooms were clean and the shower was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nick_Dublin1982
Dear Guest,

please apologize for not having found your lost items, we definetely looked for them several times, but we could not find them. Sorry for your bad experience.

Travellers are raving about these San Sebastian - Donostia hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We chose this hotel based solely on the location and it totally delivered on this aspect.
It is a very pleasant 15 minute walk to the old town and just 2 minutes from the beach. Don't get your hopes up about a sea view though, our "view" was the back of some buildings which meant very little natural daylight.
The room was very basic, as was the bathroom. It did have a large flat screen T.V. though, with just the one channel in English, but you don't come to San Sebastián to watch television.
It was definitely overpriced for a no frills 3 star but you are paying for the location. San Sebastián is the foodie capital of Spain and is therefore not the cheapest city to stay in. It's an ok choice if you don't plan on spending much time in your room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Spongebob1000
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed at Husa Europa hotel in San Sebastian for 1 night (10-11 April 13) in a double room.
From the hotel to the Central bus station there is approx. 20 minute walk (maybe less if walking without suitcases), but to the beach 3-5 minute walk. Near to the hotel (with the direction to the beach and opposite a square) there is a bicycle rental - great option for discovering San Sebastian, especially if there are only a few hours for that (like in our case).
Hotel was nice - double room on the sixth floor was spacious, very clean, tastefully decorated. The soundproofing from the street maybe was not the best, but this is an old (though very well kept) building, perhaps due to this fact nothing can be done about that.
Our travel agent sent to the hotel a notice that we would like to have a higher floor and a double bed - hotel was able to fulfill both our wishes (the sixth floor is the top floor).
The receptionist on the arrival was very welcoming and assisted with our requests for directions.
I suggest the hotel as a very good three star hotel. If someday coming again to San Sebastian (I truly hope I will) I would certainly consider staying here again.

The only downside was the hairdryer - ancient and it got hot very quickly - a towel was necessary to hold it.
I would like to suggest to the hotel management - please upgrade the hairdryers to the more modern ones.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple