“Great location and friendly staff”
Review of Parma Hotel

Parma Hotel
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Parma for four nights in September 2013. The price was higher than normal because it was during the film festival but the location couldn't have been better. The woman at the front desk (whose name I can't remember) was so friendly and helpful when we were looking for the various theaters. We opted out of the breakfast as there were so many great places right around the corner which were cheaper than the hotel's buffet. The only negatives were that the hotel itself is older and there is a strange smell in the hallways. The walls are very thin and we were woken up early each morning from the noise, but I am a light sleeper. The wifi only worked at a certain spot in the room but it was OK, if a bit slow. And parking is 16€ per night in a garage that is about five minutes away, but they give detailed directions on how to get there. All of that being said, I would recommend Hotel Parma based on the fantastic location and helpful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cheapest room (117, I think) and it was very noisy early in the morning with noise...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Etem24:

Many thanks for the nice words about our location and the staff. Our Hotel was built in 1968, and my family has been runing it since 1979. Ever since we have tried to keep the Hotel well maintained and updated. In fact, we are now planning a new reform, but these things are slow. I really hope you get to see it someday.
Many thanks again and best regards.

There are newer reviews for Parma Hotel

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I enjoyed this riverfront hotel, it had everything I needed. Walked to most attractions in just minutes. Maria Eugenia at the front desk was always wonderful and accommodating, as were all her associates. Paid parking only a block away.

Room Tip: I chose a quiet room overlooking the courtyard. I didn't need a view, although rooms with a view...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Sir or Madame:

Many thanks for your nice words about our Hotel and the staff, as well as for taking the time to write a review. It really help us on our way.
It would be very nice to meet you in your next visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Perfect two-star hotel situated on the promenade Urumea Itsasadarra at the confluence of the ocean. Exterior rooms with views of the river or the ocean. Delicious breakfast. Very caring and friendly staff. Sightseeing places and beaches Zurriola and La Concha close. Within walking distance bars, including La Cuchara de San Telmo, Bar Zeruko. Great place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Stanislavsky:

Many thanks for your nice words. They encourage us to keep on improving. It would be nice to meet you in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June. We were not disappointed. The reception staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Our room was at the front facing the sea. A beautiful view, from our window, always something to watch, whether it be the surfers out on the bay or the locals parking their cars in very small spaces in front of the hotel - we were very impressed with their parallel parking skills! Our room was very clean and the bathroom was spacious. The hotel is situated in an excellent location, very easy to walk everywhere. We loved San Sebastian and if we return would not hesitate to return to Hotel Parma.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front with sea view are worth the extra price
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Busy_Girl_HB:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the compliments, we reallly appreciate them. It would be grate to meet you in your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is well located in the heart of San Sebastian. It is easily accessible and the staff is friendly. English and French are spoken well here. The rooms are smaller here than in the states. They have special parking conveniently located not fare from the hotel for an inexpensive fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window since some are located inside the building with no windows onto the out...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank P H
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear P H:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I think that your review is a very objetive description of the Hotel, and I really appreciate this fact.
I would be delitghted to meet you in your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I recently visited San Sebastián and luckily stayed at the Hotel Parma. We got the recommendation from the Rick Steve's travel book on Spain. He was so right! The service was fantastic, especially the front desk. They gave us great directions, helpful suggestions, and friendly advice. Our room was great and the hotel location was perfect. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Madame:

We really appreciate your nice words about our Hotel, specially the ones talking aobut the service. Thanks for taking the time to write such a good review.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We went to Paris, Versailles, the Loire Chateaux, Biarritz, and Avignon - and this is the place my girlfriend can't stop talking about. Something about San Sebastian really grabbed both of us - the bay and the location by the water, the architecture, the food (and the wine - a local white with a 3 foot pour to aerate it). The hotel itself is a little dated - the rooms are simply decorated, and ours had been smoked in (the only reason I'm giving 4 stars rather than 5). But with the searching I did, I really think it would be hard to beat the Hotel Parma for value in San Sebastian. Our room had a view of the ocean; the hotel's location is perfect, in the old town and within walking distance of everything to see in the city; there is off-street parking (we parked our car when we checked in and didn't retrieve it until we checked out); and what really stood out for me is that the owners and staff are extremely considerate. I recommend you visit San Sebastian - I hope it stays with you as it has with us - and I think it will be hard to beat the Hotel Parma as a base for your visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
iazurza, Director General at Parma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Sir:

Many thanks for your nice words about San Sebastian, our Hotel and about the staff. I read with pride that we gave you a good service.
I really regret the problem with the smoking smell in your room. All our rooms are non smoking but some people don't respect the ban. For me as a manager it is difficult to give a good solution to these few cases, because even if you clean very well the room, a slight odor may remain.
Many thanks again and best regards.