“Great small group experience.”

A Taste of Spain Culinary Day Tours - Basque Country
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the foods and cuisines of Spain with the local culinary experts: private cooking classes, market visits, tapas sessions, customized food & wine tours... in the Basque Country and throughout Spain. Since 1999, we specialize in organizing genuine culinary experiences for international foodies willing to savor the authentic Taste of Spain. Small - private groups, starting from 2 people. A Taste of Spain is recommended by National Geographic on "Food Journeys of a lifetime" as local tour operator providing expert knowledge in the Spanish culinary scene; and is a member of the IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals) and Slow Food.
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great small group experience.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you have any doubts about doing this tour - I am here to assure you that it meet all of my expectations plus some. I travelled solo so I was a little apprehensive but all my doubts were expelled as soon as I met the tour guide and the others in the group. I was blown away by the beauty of San Sebastian and really enjoyed touring the market and cooking with a chef from the gastronomic society. This was followed by a wonderful meal with matching wines. Bilbao was a lovely day starting with the Guggenheim museum and a meal at a Michelin star restaurant. Meal was fantastic!

4 Thank Jan C
ATasteofSpain, Owner at A Taste of Spain Culinary Day Tours - Basque Country, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks so much! We're very glad to know that you enjoyed our "Ultimate Foodie Tour of Spain". You were a terrific group, working for customers like you is a true pleasure. All the best, The team at A Taste of Spain

Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“San Sebastian”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

As part of the "A Taste of Spain" tour we spent 2 days traveling Bilbao and San Sebastian Basque cuisine with the beautiful scenery of San Sebastian was magnificent~~!! Food/hotel and view was top notch.
The 2 days was too short for me personally and I would like to visit San Sebastian again for a longer stay next time. Also will try the Basque cooking recipe we had at the Gastronomic Society~~~

4 Thank jsk238
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent foodie adventure in the Basque Country”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Spent an entertaining and delicious day cooking with the chef from the gastronomic society. Not only interesting in cooking techniques but also in learning the history of these clubs. Wonderful lunch of basque dishes with lovely wines. We did a private event for a group of 4 - recommend highly!

3 Thank Kate S
Prairie Village, KS
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellence or Basque”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My experience in San Sebastian and Bilbao areas was fabulous. The Mediterranean influence was all around us. I loved the palm trees, floral and beauty of this area. The food was delicious as well!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LizHandlen
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Northern Spain”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

A Taste of Spain organised a tailored tour for 4 of us in Northern Spain covering art,architecture,history and food.Everything worked very well,the hotels and restaurants chosen were of a high standard and A Taste of Spain regularly checked over the 10 days.The food around San Sebastian and Bilbao was excellent,the Guggenheim stunning,and Leon Cathedral and the San Isidore frescoes in Leon memorable

Visited May 2013