We had 3 rooms but I only stayed one night for a visit to a top Donostia restaurant so we didn't even take breakfast in the hotel. That said, my wife did get coffee and a small birthday cheesecake as a late breakfast and that reflects the subtle attention to detail we received. I arranged the arrival of friends as a surprise for my wife and the hotel played its part in keeping it all under wraps until the last minute. After dinner (see other reviews...), we returned around midnight and were able to have a birthday digestif in the bar although the only guests around at that time.
The hotel is a quiet hotel, a slightly long walk into the town (depending on your age...), say 20 minutes to the old town? There is a main building (with lift) and a rear modern annexe. No porter but there are lifts. And parking outside or underground.
Overall, I'd recommend it although 309 euros for the night is a little steep. We have stayed in the Maria Cristina (no. 1 in Donostia) which is far more central and, although excellent for service et al, is less personal or intimate. It's comparing apples and pears but I can see both being worthy of their high rating and the choice depends on your own preference - grand 5-star vs intimate 4-star. We have enjoyed both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Soro ocupa 2 edificios de estilo clasico, uno de los cuales fue construido en 1898 y ha sido declarado Patrimonio Historico de San Sebastian. Se proporciona conexion Wi-Fi gratuita.Todas las habitaciones disponen de minibar con bebidas sin alcohol, reproductor de DVD y ducha y banera independientes. Presentan un diseno individual de lujo, y algunas estan decoradas con obras de arte de Jorge Oteiza. Se ofrece un servicio de habitaciones con platos locales.El Villa Soro tiene aparcamiento privado gratuito y esta rodeado de arboles y de casas senoriales.El hotel cuenta con gimnasio y ofrece bicicletas y toallas de playa gratuitas. Ademas, dispone de salones amplios y una chimenea.La playa de la Zurriola, el palacio de congresos y auditorio Kursaal y el casco antiguo se encuentran a pocos pasos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa Soro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Soro Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Soro Hotel San Sebastián Donostia