All reviews modern hotel hot tub sun terrace suite deluxe scandinavian feel minute walk from la concha old town residential area no tea making facilities shelf space located mins the bus bathroom sink late july main road business trip lounge area
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this excellent new hotel for two nights after walking part of the Camino. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the beach and is boutique style individually designed very attractive. The lobby and restraint lounge bar area is comfortable and the breakfast is buffet style and plentiful and good quality. Our room,506,was a decent size with a great modern shower. Tv had international channels. Wifi was excellent throughout the hotel and free. There is a safe and mini bar and lovely toiletries. The staff were on the ball and friendly. All in all delighted and would highly recommend either for business or pleasure. The price we paid was 315 euro for two nights including breakfast for two. This is not cheap but hotels are pricey in San Sebastián.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Hi there - this hotel very much over advertises for what it is. The location is a solid 15 minutes out of town, located next to projects and a high way. The nice whirlpool shown in the picture is not open most the year (this was the reason why we booked it!). The price is absurd for the size of the room and limited amenities. Check in staff were not that helpful. Breakfast was poor for hotel standards - stale bread, no fruit juice, etc. Could be okay for 100 euros an night but certainly not for 240. book elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
FERNANDO S, Gerente at Hotel Zenit San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Katelyn,

First of all, I would like to appreciate your decision of chosing our hotel for your holiday in San Sebastian. It is a pleasure for us to have such a good clients that give positive and valuable results in different fields. Our goal is to satisfy our guest as much as we can taking into account all the reviews to improve our service with professionalism.

I would like to comment that the price of our hotel is on average with other 4 star hotels in the city. In addition, the front desk department offers an special card to obtain discounts and in case you want it, you can get our club Zenit membership card for free. It offers a 10 % discount in all of our services and it works for all the Zenit chain.

I feel sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast and I would like to inform you that our buffet consists of:
Sweet food (different pastries, where you can find croissants, chocolate or custard croissants, raising and walnut cake, donuts, different kind of breads, homemade cakes – cheescake, applepie...- and fresh fruit.
Salty food (spanish omelette, a variety of cheese and cured pork, smashed eggs, bacon, “chorizo”...)
Some dietetic products, for gluten intolerants too, cereals, soja milk, whole milk and fat free milk, a sort of yogurts, homemade curd and fresh orange, pineapple and peach juice.

I hope that you have enjoyed yourself in your stay with us and I wish I could deal with you personally next time.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel is probably the worst value for money of any hotel I have stayed in. My mother and I came here at the end of a magical week in Spain. It was a heartbreaking end to the holiday.

The location is poor - 25 mins walk from the old town. The price - at Euro 260 - made it the most expensive place we stayed in by a long way. The hotel staff were tired and uninterested in guests. The pool on the roof (it's best feature from website) was closed because it hadn't yet been cleaned. This really was false advertising. The hotel said that it's clear on the website that it's closed in June. But as most customers don't book directly through the hotel website I felt it is extremely disingenuous.

The room is average. Nothing remarkable about it at all. Breakfast was very poor for the price tag.

Don't stay here in San Sebastián. Either pay a little more for one of the hotels in the centre of town. Or pay less for a pension /apartment in the old town.

I'm so sad this this way overpriced average hotel is the memory from an amazing trip. Shame on you Hotel Zenit.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna K

Dear Anna,

Firstly, I appreciate that you have chosen the Hotel Zenit San Sebastian to stay in the city. It is a pleasure for my team and me to receive this valuable reviews that make us grow in the hospitality industry.

As San Sebastian is one of the most expensive tourist destinations in all Spain, I would like to inform you that the price of our hotel is on average with other 4 star hotels in the city. In addition, the front desk department offers an special card to obtain discounts and in case you want it, you can get our club Zenit membership card for free. It offers a 10 % discount in all of our services and it works for all the Zenit chain.

Regarding the hot tub at the rooftop, it is clearly informed for our guests that it will be opened from the 26th June untill 31st October. I feel sorry if you could not use it but we must have it well prepared for the appropriate use of it.

On the other hand, I would like to inform you that the hotel is located in Amara, one of the three most important areas of San Sebastian, as Gros and the city center. Actually, around our hotel you can find all kind of shops and services.

Furthermore , just let you know that in our front desk department gives as much information as they can to every guest, and they show the best way to go walking to the city center or to La Concha bay in 14 minutes ( distance according to Google Maps). In addition, close to our hotel (in 200 m) you can find a bus stop where 3 different lines of buses that can be taken to go to the city center (bus-lines 21, 26 and 28).

Finally, I hope to live up your expectations next time and I would love to assist you personally.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2016

We enjoyed our stay here. This smart, modern and comfortable hotel was ideal for us. The hotel is set in a new residential area of San Sebastián, but non the worse for that, as it was quiet at night. The 20 minutes walk to the sea front takes you through the heart of the city, you can stop for wonderful coffee or other refreshment in traditional cafes en-route, and savour the local atmosphere. You also pass some fantastic shops that you may otherwise miss.

The breakfast is fresh and continental in style, and if you decide to have an evening meal in the hotel, there is a very reasonable menu with wine included.

The roof terrace is OK to chill-out for an hour or two, but note the jacuzzi runs from June onwards only.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Zenit is located away from main attraction, but a 20 minutes walk or a cab ride away and you are at the old city. Rooms are large enough, clean and staff is helpful. Our problem was that the room we booked reeked of fabriz sanitation spray , which we are allergic to, and the hotel was fully booked. As well AC did not work, so we had the windows open through the 2 night stay, which gave a 2 way view to adjacent apartment buildings. Again, staff was very helpful and breakfast was good.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
FERNANDO S, Gerente at Hotel Zenit San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for chosing our hotel for your stay in San Sebastian.
Specially the comments about the rooms and the staff, we work everyday to improve our results.

In reference to the sanitation spray, we will note on your client cardex about your allergy and on your next stay we will provide you a room with no spray.

About the AC you have a remote control next to the bed, in case it does not work, our staff can control it directly from the reception. Do not hesitate on your next stay to ask them for help.

To conclude, I would like to apologise in case that has caused any difficulty in your stay and I wish I could attend you personally next time being able to fulfil your expectations.

Best regards,