“Globus tour- nice stay”

NH Canciller Ayala Vitoria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Vitoria-Gasteiz
Reviewed 30 May 2014

within walking distance to plaza, good breakfast and dinner, big towels, plenty hot water,
part across the street, very good staff. free Wi-Fi, big dining room for breakfast and dinner, good elevators, nice beds

1  Thank volsfanFranklin_Tn_
Gema G, Director General at NH Canciller Ayala Vitoria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your opinion, I am so glad you had enjoy your experience with us. Thanks a lot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Modern, nine story hotel, near the new cathedral and opposite a big park. NH hotels are always clean and bright, with firstrate staff; nice but typical breakfast buffet with very good, rapid service. Staff very helpful, even though no-one on duty spoke English ( we got along fine in French!). Parking under building. Room and bath were unusually clean. Recommended!

1  Thank 101coastie

Thanks, for your recommendation and opinion. Certainly NH Canciller Ayala is located in the heart of the city and offers the best views of downtown Vitoria, our customers enjoy a lot with the location of the hotel.Thank you very much, We hope you as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is nicely located hotel which gives very good value for money. The rooms are fine and kept clean and modern. Breakfast was very good with a good selection of items to eat and with a Spanish touch which I appreciate a lot. Staff is very helpful and friendl so this is a hotel I can recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gema G, Director General at NH Canciller Ayala Vitoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you very much for your opinion and for your recomendation. Thank you for your words about our breakfast. We hope you visit soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked this hotel following our excellent experience with a NH hotel in Barcelona. This was nothing like the same standard, which having read the reviews I wasn't expecting. However, overall I was very pleasantly suprised. The public areas are looking a little old, but the room was excellent - clean, spacious and comfortable. despite being on the main road and a wedding going full scale in the ballroom, it was quiet (room 414). One slight problem - there was no headboard on the bed, & when my wife sat on the bed & rested against the wall, the bed shot across the room! We tried to find a restaurant in the city to eat, but without much luck, so returned to the hotel. Unfortunately, there was only one other small party in the restaurant, so it was rather quiet. The decor was nice ( a bit modern so not exactly cosy, but well presented all the same). There was a fixed menu - 3 couses including wine, bottled water & coffee for €22. Some items were off, but there was still a reasonable choice, & the food was excellent & served at a good pace.

Just a couple of small complaints: the parking is very limited, and because of the wedding, not available for our stay. As it was a weekend we parked on the raod & there is a multi storey nearby. The hotel seems to be in quite a good area, so no worries.

Secondly, there are only 2 small lifts. Most of the time that was OK, but there was a coachload of pensioners staying, so at peak times it was a bit of a scrum.

However, overall this was a really nice stay

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Gema G, Director General at NH Canciller Ayala Vitoria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for letting us your opinion. We are delighted that you have felt comfortable. The lifts are old and slow but if all goes well this year we proceed to its renewal. Your opinions help us improve, Yours faithfully

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is good.
Has a nice service, and it is the best room i have ever booked....
The breakfast not that good, we would like all kinds of foods in breakfast, not just EU foods, But that is good at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When I was going to reserve a hotel in Vitoria through Expedia, the hotel seemed good on a guide book was fully occupied. Then I chose this hotel, though it wasn't on the guide book. The conclusive factor was the location. It was located faced to Parque de la Florida and not so far from the station. My sister and his husband who live in Vitoria came to see me at the hotel in Bilbao by his car and we came to Vitoria and checked in. I felt this hotel was more excellent than I expected. I put my luggages in my room, and we went to the station on foot to buy my train ticket to Bordeaux for tomorrow. They guided whole city including their house and took me to the reserved restaurant for dinner. When I came back to the hotel, it past midnight. I asked a wake-up call at 6.30 a.m. I was going to arrange document and cloths necessary for today, but I couldn't put on the room light, though I tried on-off of every switch beside beds and foot switch of the floor stand. Then, I moved my luggages to a bath room and I did. After that, I took breakfast, checked out at 8.30 and took 9.02 train to San Sebastian.
The room was No.1013, the highest floor and got a fine view of Florida park. If I checked all switches in daytime, there may not be such trouble.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Phoned and booked on a Saturdat night, got a good deal even though a busy weekend because of their medieval fair. Could not park in the hotel but safe underground parking nearby for about 14 euros. Room very clean and quiet on the eighth floor. Free wifi!!!!! at last, but a bit slow. Walked into town and struggled to find somewhere to eat as town was so busy and everyone drinking but no one eating!!!, at last we found a great Italian, near the hotel called Pizzeria Dolomiti which was excellent. Loved the atmospere in town but especially loved the dancing in the park across the road by the bandstand. It was packed with elderly people, and some not so elderly, boogying to live music!!!! They were all dressed up and there were crowds watching the action too. Delightful spectator sport for us!!! We wont have breakfast in the hotel but will stroll over to the park and eat there, as recommended in another review. We will be back to Vitoria Gasteiz,

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple