“Horrendous food”

L'altre Balagar
Ranked #1,220 of 1,957 Restaurants in Ibiza
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to eat out this evening and came across what seemed to be a lovely beach side restaurant. The waiter working there was welcoming and affable and we were looking forward to our food. My partner ordered the sirloin and it arrived cooked rare when asked for medium well and it was impossible to cut due to the amount of fat running through the meat. When we complained we were told we had to pay the full amount as there was nothing wrong with it and we were mistaken, the cooking of the steak was blamed on the poor waitress when it was perfectly obvious that the chef hadn’t a clue what she was doing. My salmon arrived over cooked and drenched in soy sauce with two new potatoes, I didn’t mention this as It was apparant that we would be told that we didn’t know what we were talking about. We were charged full price and truly hope that no one else stumbles on this seemingly charming restaurant.

2  Thank Beckyelizabeth

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I don't understand why this restaurant has such bad reviews, unless it has recently changed ownership!

The location is fantastic straight on the beach, the name is a little confusing though as it's signage is Restaurante Bar cala Llonga,.

Our food was lovely, so much so that we ate here on 3 nights! the best seafood paella we have ever had & the salmon in soy reduction was amazing.

The service was good and Pier was very attentive & informative, the chef even came out to see us so that we could thank him in person.

Would not hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here numerous times on a recent trip really nice sea food especially the paella and the octopus, the starter portions are really large so could be better for sharing, excellent views as it's literally on the beach , really laid back chilled out vibe to the place, hence why we ate here 4 times

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner as it does sit in a lovely spot right on the beach, however the 'lovely ends there'
We ordered some bread and dips to start along with garlic bread for my children. The bread was like eating slices of rock as was clearly past it's best. The garlic bread was like a slab of concrete on the plate with some butter on it. I think I need to go to the dentist now!!!
Main course was no better, I ordered the rack of lamb which in all honesty would of taken me about two bites worth to consume all the meat! I had to go in to speak to a waiter as no one could be seen upon which the plate was snatched from my hand and I was told that's the dish!!
No one came and asked me if I wanted something else I was just left to sit there with no meal in front of me. When my wife had finished her very unappetising pizza I had to go into pay as no staff were visible where I had my bill slammed on the desk in front of me. This is a shockingly terrible place and I would urge anyone to go elsewhere.
Avoid Avoid Avoid !!

1  Thank tommym_10
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Food not great, spaghetti carbonara swimming in oil, drinks ordered not brought to table and had to chase up for bill and go up to pay, very disappointing use to be so nice

1  Thank Tourist64London