“Probably my favourite restaurant in Europe”
Review of Es Mollet

Es Mollet
Ranked #549 of 2,336 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I visit Palma several times a year and this restaurant is on my "must go there" list.

The owner is always there running front of house. His wife prepares the food, their selection of fresh local produce is extensive, and the service is friendly and efficient.

In a dozen or so visits I have never had a disappointing dish. Be guided by the owner. We have had fabulous steaks, seafood and vegetable dishes.

Not the place to go if you just want pizza or pasta. Proper restaurant food, properly prepared and served with a good selection of local and imported wines.

If you can persuade him to part with his Sangria recipe you are in for a treat.

1  Thank Tim S

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Very nice food, we had clamari and shrimps with garlic as starters, grilled seabass as main and speacial cake with icecream and cheese cake as dessert. All the dishes with no exception are extremely nice. The captain " waiter" who is working in the restaurent for more than 20 years is extremely friendly and proffessional. We enjoyed the lunch and will definetly visit again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Nice bayside setting in Portixol. The dining area has good views and is comfortable . The fish is fresh and they have a lobster tank. The service is good and the cooked fish excellent. The bill was a bit of a shock at over 300 euros for four of us due to their weighting of the fish. I thought it was a good meal but far too expensive.

2  Thank 551613Gerald54
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Ideal place scenic, fast friendly service, I recommend the head plate of delicious seafood dishes.
If I go back to Majorca sure there will come for breakfast and a cold beer!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stopped by after not getting into the restaurant at Portixol hotel.
Es Mollet provides no fuss seafood, I had the whole seabass, and friendly welcoming service. I'd highly recommend going even if you have a reservation at Portixol Hotel.