I booked this beautiful hotel as a surprise for my partner for a last minute weekend getaway. I booked the hotel room (superior double) on a Thursday evening to be staying the next day for 3 nights. Whilst booking the room I requested a plate of meats and champagne to be in the room upon arrival. I received a reply from Paco at the hotel shortly after even though I made the booking late at night! Great speedy service. The next day we arrived late at approx 1am. First of all the street was beautiful, in the centre of the Old Town and a stones throw from the Cathedral and a beautiful church (which we later realised we could see the spire from our bedroom sky light - beautiful). The gentleman on reception was more than welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed (including separate WiFi codes for all our devices). We arrived in our room and WOW it was wonderful, exceptionally clean, quiet, large and romantic... and of course as requested the plate of meats and champagne - which were delicious. I'm a big fan of comfy beds, big bathrooms and powerful water pressure and this hotel had it all plus so much more. We spent our holiday wandering around the beautiful streets of Palma and sunbathing on the roof terrace (gorgeous views). On the rooftop we enjoyed tapas and wine on an evening served by the lovely Fernando, before we headed out for our evening meal. Between 7pm and 10pm the hotel offers a 'happy hour' offer of tapas and a large glass of wine for 2.50 euro pp. Definitely try the rioja, possibly one of the nicest wines I have ever tasted and the tapas was beautiful - green olives and serrano ham on a fresh tomato laced bread base. After our afternoons spent sunbathing we headed down to the spa downstairs which was tastefully decorated and always empty - such a bonus and the same with the rooftop most days it was very quiet, encountering maybe 1 or 2 other guests at the most. Unfortunately, we did not try breakfast or dinner at the hotel as we like to eat out on holiday. But I can only imagine that if the food is anything like the rest of our experience then it would be very tasty! A big thank you to all the staff that made our stay at Santa Clara and hopefully one day we may return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests fall in love with Palma, with our hotel, the charm of the old town and the beautiful views from our upper terrace. Come stay at Santa Clara Hotel to enjoy the proximity of the 10th century Arab baths, the Gothic Cathedral and the other host of attraction around the old town. Our hotel offers 4 star luxury rooms and suites with high ceilings, rustic stone walls and views to the surrounding sights of the old town. Relax in our urban spa featuring a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath or try one of the massage and beauty treatments. We also provide a conference room equipped with audio-visual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel And Spa
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Santa Clara Urban
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca