I am a little mystified by the fabulous reviews received by this hotel. Normally trip advisor is bang on but I am afraid that this review does not have a happy ending. We have visited Palma before and now know the city pretty well so the location attracted us and indeed it was very near the Cathedral and within an easy walk of the shops, marina, beach and restaurants. We arrived by bus from the airport and found the hotel fairly easily with google map. The entrance is bright and modern. Unfortunately the type of room we had booked was not available, (which made we wonder why they had accepted the booking at all), so we were 'upgraded' to the remaining room in the hotel grandly entitled a 'junior suite'. This turned out to be a larger than usual room at the front of the building on the ground floor. This was a surprise given that I had booked a superior room and emailed in advance to ask for a room upstairs with some view or terrace. In our room which was 004 we could not open the shutters at all as passers by could see right into the room. We were told that a move was not possible as the hotel was fully booked. There were no drinking glasses in the room and although they were provided on request they were removed the next day. The view from the terrace was lovely although not nearly as good as other hotels and the terrace was untidy and dusty which was a pity as it was our only access to outside space. After our visit the hotel emailed us directly to ask us to provide any positive reviews to trip advisor but to contact them directly with any negative feedback. This may explain the very positive reviews found on this site. To be fair to Santa Clara I did contact them as requested with our concerns, but 2 weeks later I am yet to receive any response. So sorry Santa Clara, very shabby and you did still charge us for a superior room on our departure. We will not be back and cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests fall in love with Palma, with our hotel, the charm of the old town and the beautiful views from our upper terrace. Come stay at Santa Clara Hotel to enjoy the proximity of the 10th century Arab baths, the Gothic Cathedral and the other host of attraction around the old town. Our hotel offers 4 star luxury rooms and suites with high ceilings, rustic stone walls and views to the surrounding sights of the old town. Relax in our urban spa featuring a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath or try one of the massage and beauty treatments. We also provide a conference room equipped with audio-visual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel And Spa
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Santa Clara Urban
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca