I've just booked up for my third stay at this hotel, for the end of October after having stayed 2 nights each time in April and again in July this year.
I have to say that on both occasions I have been very impressed and would give the hotel 10/10, for what I want, which is a central base with good communication links.
I found the staff very friendly - eg enabling me to amend to a late checkout - the hotel is clean, the bedrooms very comfortable with good showers - one niggle that yes, it does get hot as the Air Con doesn't let you go super cool, but hey I can live with that.
I've also noticed that there is never anybody in the bar, but there are some exceptional bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walk so its not an issue.
I don't see it as a holiday hotel; but as a short city break or business hotel it takes a lot of beating and I will certainly be using it as a base for my quarterly visits for the foreseeable future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida is a modern establishment, which opened its doors in 2009 after being carefully refurbished by the well-known architect Bruno Borrione, member of the Philippe Starck team. The result of his hard work was a perfect balance between comfort and design. The materials used and the great details that went into the conversion of this emblematic building, which originally and since 1942 had been the Cinema Avenida, to the current day UR Palacio Avenida, have led to the hotel being a highly considered boutique hotel in the city.The hotel remains open all year round and offers a personalised service to both businessmen and those who simply wish to enjoy their holidays.Its central location, with direct access to public transport makes it easy to reach any part of the island.A few meters away from the hotel is located the largest public parking of the city and only 300 meters away, is located the Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel where a private parking is available for hotel guests of both hotels (costs apply).The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida has 68 rooms, with extraordinary natural light, views of the centre of Palma de Mallorca and modern furnishing, which cares for the smallest detail.The hotel also offers a coffee shop. Wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a safety deposit box in the room are both free of charge.The modular conference rooms cover a total of 200m2 and have been perfectly designed to meet the needs of any event meeting, banquet, conference or presentation. The modern and comfortably furnished rooms can be divided by mobile panels and are also equipped with internet access, air conditioning, a projector and large screen, and direct access to an exterior terrace which is ideal for coffee breaks.Due to the unique location of the hotel, guests can enjoy the main shopping areas and cultural activities, excursions, golf, restaurants, etc.Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc.For guests who wish a more personalized service Private Concierge is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Lastminute, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your UR Palacio Avenida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ur Palacio Avenida Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- UR Palacio Avenida Palma De Mallorca, Majorca