“Great for business”

Ranked #46 of 74 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
London, United Kingdom
“Great for business”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I've just booked up for my third stay at this hotel, for the end of October after having stayed 2 nights each time in April and again in July this year.

I have to say that on both occasions I have been very impressed and would give the hotel 10/10, for what I want, which is a central base with good communication links.

I found the staff very friendly - eg enabling me to amend to a late checkout - the hotel is clean, the bedrooms very comfortable with good showers - one niggle that yes, it does get hot as the Air Con doesn't let you go super cool, but hey I can live with that.

I've also noticed that there is never anybody in the bar, but there are some exceptional bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walk so its not an issue.

I don't see it as a holiday hotel; but as a short city break or business hotel it takes a lot of beating and I will certainly be using it as a base for my quarterly visits for the foreseeable future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back and stress that you like good air con or a breeze!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Cristian G, Manager at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of all the staff of the UR Hotel Palacio Avenida and myself all these comments about our hotel. This feedback stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of improvement in the service for our guests. It is really a pleasure for us to know that we are working in the right direction in order to satisfy our guests expectations.

Expressing again my gratitude to you and waiting for your next stay in the UR Palacio Avenida,

Yours faithfully

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barcelona
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here in June 2011 for a long weekend. The hotel looked great from the pictures we saw online and I have to say, the room and whole hotel setting looked exactly as it did on the web. Relief! We had great service, very friendly and helpful staff. We took a room only option but you can grab yourself a quick breakfast in the café downstairs. The area is actually really practical, because you have a car park literally across the road from the hotel and you get discounted prices for being a hotel customer. It ended up being super cheap! It takes about 10-15 mins to walk to the port and the happening areas. A taxi costs next to nothing if you're too tired.
All in all it was a really pleasant stay, it surpassed my expectations! I also think it was good value for money I would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarcelonaBcn
Cristiangf, Director General at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel is a design hotel and it looks nice, breakfast is great and location is too. The rooms are nice and it is true that some things don't work the way they should however after telling this to the reception they fixed it the next day.
Be aware that parking is quit expensive when you are staying here, 17,50 a day in a public parking.
The hotel is quit smaller than you expect. Don't expect to find a nice bar inside, I haven't found anyone in there during my stay. Also the rooms are smaller than on the pictures, they do look nice but it feels a bit claustrofobic everywhere in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in August 2011. The location was perfect with bus stops, taxi rank, restaurants within a 2 minute walk. We got the bus to the beach everyday which was about 10 minutes to Illetes or Cala Major. Within a 10 min walk you were on the edges of the old town. The cathedral was approx 20 min walk. The room itself was very spacious, clean and very modern with a king bed. The bathroom was fantastic. The walk in shower was enormous and powerful with water coming out of the wall. No UK tv channels but bath robes and toiletries provided. Breakfast was a wide selection of continental plus eggs etc could be ordered via the waitress. The guy on evening reception was grumpy but the day time reception staff were very helpful with locating things on the map and telling us which bus to get where and even recommending tapas places to eat. This hotel was definitely no less than 4 star and I would recommend this hotel and stay there again. We found it hard deciding between staying at the Marina end of town or here but we know we made the right choice after walking down to the Marina, its just high rise hotels and nightlife.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Cristiangf, Director General at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Dear guest,

I want to thank you your comments about our hotel on behalf of all the staff of the UR Palacio Avenida and myself. All this feedback stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of improvement in the service for our clients, which is our main target.

Felixstowe
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed here 2 nights, at the start and end of a holiday (we had a week self catering in Soller). Very convienient on the Placa d'Espanya, which was a 2 euro bus ride from the airport, and bus stop is right outside the hotel. Furthermore it is very close to the train station for Soller, and also the main bus station to the rest of the island. The city and shops and restauarants were just a few minutes walk, and opposite the hotel is a square with a few bars and restaurants.
Rooms very comfortable. On the 2nd night we arrived early, and were upgraded to a suite. Superb. The staff on reception were exceptionally friendly and helpful. OK it's a modern hotel without too much atmosphere, but was perfect for a base to stroll around Palma, and a good night's sleep

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trimley
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel is great for a short stay to explore the beautiful city of Palma de Mallorca. Very centrally located, just a 2 minutes walk of the main shopping street. Also the buses for other places on the island and the airport, leaves right outside the hotel. The rooms are spacious with a nice stylish decor. The staff were friendly and helpful. For the price we paid I would recommend this hotel for a short city break.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bellinae
SF
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I would not choose to stay at this hotel again. We picked it because if its convenient location but it was probably not worth it.
Check-in was one of the slowest I ever experienced. The room was very uncomfortable and you can't set the air conditioning below 22C. The bed was not comfortable at all. The guy at the reception was usually not helpful at all and usually on the phone.
Staying in the center was great for exploring Palma. This hotel was right on Plaza Espana so it was very convenient for AIrport bus. If I could go again I would stay in Illetes and take the bus to the city center. But that might be a beach vacation instead of exploring the city.
Free Internet was a plus. If you are not travelling alone you might need to ask for two accounts.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel JS Cape Colom
Hotel JS Cape Colom
#2 of 7 in Porto Colom
Be Live Adults Only La Cala Boutique

Been to UR Palacio Avenida? Share your experiences!