We had a wonderful stay here during the semana Santa . It's on the plaza de espana so very central. Once you get your bearings it's 10 minute stroll to plaza mayor 15 minutes to the cathedral and 200 yards to the railway station . We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was quite spacious and had a large bathroom with bath. One of our best meals during the week was in the hotel - the menu degustacion was excellent quality and value at 35 euros each - each person receives 2 starters, 2 mains, and one starter - the chef chooses from the a la carte menu and I would highly recommend it. Also excellent value is Angela's pizza next door (- we had meals in the no 2 and 3 restaurants per trpiadvisor) but value for money this wins - a bottle of Rioja, 2 pizza was 19.95 euro ( also included a dessert but we chose 2 espresso and a brandy) . There's no pool but a 25 minute stroll will get you to a beach at portixol. We will return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida is a modern establishment, which opened its doors in 2009 after being carefully refurbished by the well-known architect Bruno Borrione, member of the Philippe Starck team. The result of his hard work was a perfect balance between comfort and design. The materials used and the great details that went into the conversion of this emblematic building, which originally and since 1942 had been the Cinema Avenida, to the current day UR Palacio Avenida, have led to the hotel being a highly considered boutique hotel in the city.The hotel remains open all year round and offers a personalised service to both businessmen and those who simply wish to enjoy their holidays.Its central location, with direct access to public transport makes it easy to reach any part of the island.A few meters away from the hotel is located the largest public parking of the city and only 300 meters away, is located the Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel where a private parking is available for hotel guests of both hotels (costs apply).The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida has 68 rooms, with extraordinary natural light, views of the centre of Palma de Mallorca and modern furnishing, which cares for the smallest detail.The hotel also offers a coffee shop. Wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a safety deposit box in the room are both free of charge.The modular conference rooms cover a total of 200m2 and have been perfectly designed to meet the needs of any event meeting, banquet, conference or presentation. The modern and comfortably furnished rooms can be divided by mobile panels and are also equipped with internet access, air conditioning, a projector and large screen, and direct access to an exterior terrace which is ideal for coffee breaks.Due to the unique location of the hotel, guests can enjoy the main shopping areas and cultural activities, excursions, golf, restaurants, etc.Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc.For guests who wish a more personalized service Private Concierge is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotelopia, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your UR Palacio Avenida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ur Palacio Avenida Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- UR Palacio Avenida Palma De Mallorca, Majorca