“10+ points” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Asador Bolixe Cocina Esencial

Asador Bolixe Cocina Esencial
Ranked #19 of 2,087 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: This small restaurant in the heart of Palma is known for its clever combination of Argentinean and Mediterranean flavours. The extensive menu is based on the freshest natural ingredients from the market. Perfectly roasted meat, which is some of the best on the island make this restaurant one of the most sought after in the capital. The wine list is highly recommended and includes many international wines. The modern and minimalist décor is functional and stylish. It offers excellent value for money and has good parking facilities.
Helsinki
“10+ points”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Lovely and cozy restaurant with very nice and professional waitresses. Extremly good food!! Absolutely a pleasure!!
Here you can go to wether you´re about to have casual or business lunch / dinner! They know how to serve a customers so that they leave smile on their faces from the restaurant. And stomach full of good good food... ;) Specialized on meat dishes.
I highly recommend! Easy to arrive, near Plaza Espana. Steaks, mediterranean a la carte.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank JennyCN

Berlin, Germany
“Delicous food, ambient restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend invited me to go to Bolixe with her, knowing I don't enjoy eating out in Spain. Bolixe, however, is a nice restaurant with an Argentinian twist.

The restaurant, is not traditional in anyway, but very up-to-date and modern It really was not what I expected at all. We went on a Tuesday evening and it got busier as the evening went on and there was a nice atmosphere. The lady who took our orders understood us very well, and so did the waiter, so we had no trouble ordering our food and wine. The waitor took the time to explain the food on the menu, which really helped and I asked him to point out the fish dishes which he did and gave us a few recommendations.

The food took a while to come, about 30-40 mins, but that is to be expected when things are cooked and not just heated up in a microwave. Whilst we waited for our starters we were served wine and appetisers- the waiter even explained the dips and sauces that went with the appetisers as some of them I had never even heard of before.

For the main I had Fish with vegetables, I was given the choice of having them steamed or roasted, after some hesitation I decided on roasted (Steamed would have probs been healthier but hey!) It was gorgous, the fish was amazing, and to a very high standard. The best part for me, however was the desert, we decided to share the homemade brownies and ice cream. the brownies were rich and chocolaty, so I was happy. After the mean we had a coffee and then a small shot of almond liquor. I can't wait to go back again sometime soon and would deffo recommend to others visiting the Island.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank IMasonbln
Palma de Mallorca, Islas Baleares, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bolixe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

A friend told me about this place and she comes all the time so I brought my dad here when he came to visit me and everything was fantastic, best steak I have ever had and great quality service at a more than reasonable price!
Would highly recommend going, I live in Palma and is my favourite restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ben G
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, very nice, but simple food. The meat was fantastic. Our waiter was very nice and chatty. And all alcoholic beverages wear surprisingly cheap. ;)

“Fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

A bit of a hike up past Plaza Espana but worth it!
Great people, great food (for carnivores but some other stuff) my best Palma find this year thanks to TA.
If you like steaks you should come here and Bruselas just to compare- both excellent IMO but different!

Visited October 2013