“Lovely dinner for two” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Asador Bolixe Cocina Esencial

Asador Bolixe Cocina Esencial
Ranked #19 of 2,087 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: This small restaurant in the heart of Palma is known for its clever combination of Argentinean and Mediterranean flavours. The extensive menu is based on the freshest natural ingredients from the market. Perfectly roasted meat, which is some of the best on the island make this restaurant one of the most sought after in the capital. The wine list is highly recommended and includes many international wines. The modern and minimalist décor is functional and stylish. It offers excellent value for money and has good parking facilities.
“Lovely dinner for two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We found the restaurant through Tripadvisor. It's conveniently close to the railway and bus stations. The restaurant is not in an obvious place but keep walking: it is worth finding it. The food is great and the service is super friendly.
Also the price is nice. We had a good Mallorca experience!

1 Thank ForTim

Oslo, Norway
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I will remember our dinner at Bolixe for the rest of my life. This was the best and friendliest service I've ever experienced in a restaurant, and the food was excellent.
They really know how to cook meat to perfection at this restaurant, and I could recommend the really fruity sangria.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Enits
London, United Kingdom
“Meaty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Not one for the faint hearted, this is meat feast of a place. The meats very high quality and very well cooked. We opted for the barbecue to share an array of meats, including some superb steak and sausages, which came with some good chimichurri sauce, fried potatoes and some salad. The portion was immense, even for two hungry souls with hearty appetites, and was a bit of a struggle as we'd made the mistake of preceding it with a salad and some fish croquettes. The salad was an interesting house salad combining dates, walnuts, goats cheese and honey with greenery, but the croquettes were disappointing - not very fishy. The portion sizes were also huge. The charming waiter brought the few Mallorcan red wines he had to the table for us to choose - a nice touch - and we were happy with the choice we made on his advice. But the huge portions and, given that, our over-ordering regrettably left us no room to explore the interesting looking pudding menu. Service was rather slow but friendly throughout.

Visited May 2014
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Fantastic restaurant - delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The food in Asador Bolixe was fantastic! 5* quality!

The meat was cooked to perfection, and came with beautiful side orders! The restaurant is small and cosy, with a warm and friendly atmosphere! We didn’t have to wait long for our food or drink, the staff were friendly and efficient and made our evening a perfect one. We had a bottle of wine, a lovely starter to share, and a delicious main course! Nothing to complain about. Just fantastic!

Thank you very much and we will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Mallorca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have been living in Mallorca for 9 months and this restaurant is my favorite.
I really enjoyed the food as I am a meat lover!
Everything was good from starter to desert, including the wine selection.

I had "tacos de lomo baja" which was excelent!!.
They really know how to serve customer giving you great recommendation according to what type of meat you like,

The service is very good, the staff is lovely and very professional, they are always happy to help, giving you a great explanation of the dishes and recommandation.
I also like the atmospher, the decoration and the music it is very relaxing and intimate.

I have recommended it to all my friends and they all loved it. Even if you are not a meat fan you can go for fish which is as good.

I have found this place by chance, I am living on the same street and It was a great/delicious surprise, I fell in love with the food, the atmospher and the service.
Great location, near plaza espana and great value for money.

• Visited April 2014