“Disappointed”

Palma de Mallorca Bike Tour with Optional Tapas
More Info
US$34.76*
and up
Mallorca Shore Excursion: Palma Bike Tour Including Palma Cathedral and Parc de...
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycles, kayaks and rollerblades rental. Bicycle and kayak tours
Lambertville, New Jersey
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 331 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

In port on a short cruise visit, I used TripAdvisor to help find Palma on Bike. Perhaps a reservation is important; despite the shop's having plenty of bikes, the guy manning it was very dismissive (when I asked about e-bikes he tried to send me to another place down the road, where there were toe-nibbling fish in the window. It was almost as if he simply didn't want to be bothered to fetch the bike. He did, ultimately, and we ran into a problem because I didn't have a photo ID (my cruise ship has my passport). Now I should have thought to bring a drivers' licence. But his attitude already, and the fact that despite having credit cards and business cards he refused to do business was disappointing. I understand it, of course.

Fortunately, there are a number of other bike rental companies on that block and I found one very easily that didn't mind renting a cycle without a photo ID.

Tip: Bring a photo ID! Second tip: Hope the folks manning the store are a little bit more professional.

And a third tip: Cycling in Mallorca, especially around the harborfront and toward the beaches, is a magical way to spend the day. Don't miss it!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Carolyn S
wwwpalmaonbikecom, Gerente at Palma on Bike, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Carolyn,

Unfortunately to ask for a valid ID to fill in rental agrement its a must do in Mallorca, as police can ask for all details in case of an accident, as well for obligatory insurance that every bike rented has to have ( insurance company needs all details checked on a valid ID). the law in all sapin says that every person must be identificated with a propper ID. As well some peopple dont't like to return the bikes them rent so to ask for an ID its a doublé must in our busines, and of course a part (21%)of every rental agrement are TAXES ( IVA) , and we need as well to present all rental agrements to the administration. We know our competitors don't work on the correct way,l but we have been working good since 2004 when we opened our first shop in Palma, and we think that we are to be 100% legal and 100% safty for our clients. for all of that I personally think that we are the only profesionals in the same Street.

yes, it's always better to book in advance , so your model and size will be ready at your arrival on you desired shop ( yes the other shop in the Street it's also from our company, as well one in the center of town and a new one on the beach). yes, we use to have with bookings and some models can be fully booked in one of our shops and we can get from another shop if available.

all our employes are mechanics ( this is a must to guaranty quality service) , also all of them must understand basic english and speak at least basic inglish. altough we have french, italian and German speaking. ( I told taht because some peopple couild seem rude when not talking nfluently,...

I'm personally really happy that you enjoyed our faboulose city and your ride on our cycle path at the sea front.

best regards from Mallorca ( still 30 º C today :))

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“fun day”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We recently cruised to Palma de Mallorca and rented bikes from this company. We did the rental about a week in advance,chose our bikes on line, and received a very timely response from this company. A young man met us at the cruise terminal and our bikes were waiting, with locks and helmets. We enjoyed the day and returned our bikes to the same area. Completely hassle free!
This town has a great, clearly marked bike trail and we enjoyed the views and the shopping.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank lindbic
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the ride”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Love the bike trail along the coast, very relaxing and beautiful.

The bikes are in good condition and comes with basket to put your stuff in. The staff didn't give us a map or any info (we didn't ask it anyways), no complaints whatsoever. The pickup process was quick and painless. It is a bit of walk (20-30min) from the cruise ship, so better manage your time properly so you don't miss your cruise.

If they could offer an option of picking up or dropping off the bikes near the cruise port entrance that'd be perfect. I don't mind paying additional for that because time is of essence for cruise visitors. But I guess it's not possible since they'd want to check the condition of the bikes, etc..

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A great place to rent bicycles or get info on trips”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I hired a bike from Palma on Bike and cycled around Mallorca for a week. Their bicycle was outstanding - I had absolutely no problems with it throughout the week, and it was a pleasure to ride. From the moment I got on the bike, it was a pleasure using it and it was the perfect bike for the really nasty hills. I loved cycling in Mallorca, and it was a challenge - although if you want flat rides, there are plenty of them.

The people working there gave me an outstanding map which showed all the hills, gradients, etc and were helpful in suggesting routes. The only slight complaint was that not everyone working there had been throughout the island so not everyone was able to discuss possible routes.

I've rented many bicycles from rental stores including in the US and Scotland and this one had the best and most reliable bicycles of all that I've used so far.

If you are looking to rent a bicycle or go on a tour in Mallorca, these are the people to use!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Gilhoop S
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I reserved beforehand 6 bikes for my group to rent for the day in Palma our ship was docked there. We walked from the ship (just over a mile) to the shop where they had our bikes reserved for us. We took them on the bike path along the coast - beautiful! We went for a ways and then stopped at a beach, locked up the bikes with the U locks they provided and had a great time in the sea! Then, we headed back to old town and got off the bikes again and walked around there. It was a great, fun way to get around Palma and we really enjoyed it! Definitely would do it again.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Lindsey L
wwwpalmaonbikecom, Gerente at Palma on Bike, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Lindsey, I'm happy to know that you finally enjoy your day in Palma, and finally we had no bad weather :), Thank you for choosing us as a bike rental company. Best regards from Palma , Alfonso.