“The Most Feliz Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Feliz
Calgary, Canada
“The Most Feliz Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, and it was one of the BEST experiences I've had with any hotel. It is not a chain, which is really nice! And for that reason, the service was exceptional! The people really work to make your stay great! We even got some free beer at times and were not over charged for great food and drinks the whole time. We used the hot tub on the roof of the building, and no one else was in it at night. Couldn't have been more romantic sitting in the hot tub with a few Estrellas (Spanish beer) overlooking the Sea. I can't remember the guy's name from Sweden, but he was excellent. Also the girl who worked at the front was very friendly and helpful and gave us great advice to visit an excellent restaurant serving real Palma food. The breakfasts (included in the hotel price) were 10 out of 10. High end cheeses, meat and fresh fruit every day.

My wife and I highly highly recommend this hotel!! Great location and not too far from the incredible beaches in Palma.

The only complaint is that the room phone did not work.

I hope we can go back some day!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Matt K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We visited in Oct this year for my partners birthday - I have delayed reviewing as I was , quite frankly, furious. The hotel emailed me asking for my comments re our stay, I told them our stay had been ruined (as I did on check-out) and they haven't responded.

Positives : Nice bar area (except posters informed us it was closed to us for a private party the first night). Rooms clean. Nice breakfasts. Female staff are efficient, Night watchman guy also friendly. I left my purse in the bar and reception had it, thanks.

Negatives : Unbelievable rudeness towards us for no reason from a member of staff. (they know who) - Who was clearly extremely inebriated (Having worked all my life in the music industry I am not that shockable) - We did try to reason with him and smooth things over, but ultimately, the damage had been done and a night ruined. The price of a room for busy working people who are celebrating a birthday to be treated like this, is just not acceptable. This person ruined our short weekend break causing a very bad vibe. We were extremely happy to decamp to another hotel with curteous friendly staff the following night.

The strong smell of pork cooking rising up & stinking out to rooms from below on barbecue night (move barbecue a little further back maybe?)

Seedy vibe.

Someone said in a previous review, re the staff 'they are not smiling with thier eyes' .... How true.

We will not be returning !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Amapola61
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've been to Majorca quite a few times, but only stayed in Palma once. My husband and I planned a weekend trip for late September and chose hotel Feliz based on a combination of the reviews, price and the fact that breakfast was included. We weren't disappointed by our superior sea view room - it was spacious, clean, well decorated and had a sea view balcony and a separate private city view balcony. The city view balcony was the only one we used really, and we spent an evening up there with prosseco from the bar enjoying the view and listening to music on our iPad, which was a really nice and relaxing way to spend a night.

The welcome we received was friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my welcome cava at 10 am very much! All he staff are friendly and Vanessa in particular was really attentive to everyone
S needs without being overbearing, noticing things like when we'd finished our drinks and fetching a nice bucket without being asked.

The breakfast was really fantastic, with a buffet of Spanish, Swedish, European and English foods, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and lovely fresh breads. The BBQ on Friday night was also a real treat. I wouldn't normally 'waste' a night out in a city like Palma by staying in the hotel but we felt so comfortable at Feliz that we decided to give it a go and we were very pleased that we did. For €22 we ate our hearts out - a spread of prawns, meats, salads to satisfy every palate and much cheaper than some of the fairly average meals we had in Palma.

The location of the hotel is great - walkable into Palma, but we used the bus from 2 mins down the road, or grabbed taxis. The opposite way the lovely illetas beach is about 15 mins on the bus and is well worth a trip.

All in all we had a wonderful trip and really loved the hotel, we'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a superior sea view room if you're staying a few nights.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Minker
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

A pretty good stay but I wouldn't get as excited as some other reviews on here. The breakfast is really good & we ate in the restaurant once too which was also very good but the service was just ok. The room was cleaned well each day but the shower wasn't good by any means. Comfy bed though. If you can get it at a good rate it's worth staying even if just for the comfy bed and breakfast but not anywhere near as good as the reviews we read on here beforehand. A good 20min walk from Palma centre (and we're pretty fit fastish walkers).

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cazrabbitz
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed a couple of nights, had to wait a long time to check in as receptionist was on phone, but enjoyed the Cava. We were upgraded to a nice suite, liked the lounge with large balcony with view of many apartments & the sea from a distance, but you are on show, no privacy, bedroom okay, but again no privacy, you need to close curtains if you like to get naked & not be glared at. The hotel is too far out of Town for me , I don't mind that it is mainly Spanish & Scandinavian clientele, but they were loud till early hours & the sound proofing is non existent. Breakfast is self service & I spotted one staff clearing, but it was a nice buffet. Pool is plunge as stated. It is a boutique hotel with many quirks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taylortowers
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have just had 2 perfekt nights at this swedish-owned and very cosy hotel. Nice roof terrace and nice lounge area around the entrence, where breakfast is served . Mabye a little small but fully functional rooms. The staff have been very helpful with booking taxis and providing tips and restaurant reservations. The lokation are greate, close to the port but a bit away from the noisy area, yet easy to get into the central part, taxi costs about 6 euro. I will certainly return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pisun
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Feliz for 2 nights and it was the best hotel accommodations we had during our entire vacation in Spain. We booked the hotel 2 days before we arrived in Palma and were upgraded to a 4th floor room with a great view of the harbour upon arrival, which was awesome since we were on our honeymoon. The room (401) was very clean with modern decor and was very spacious with a queen size bed, sitting area, large bathroom and plenty of closet space.

The hotel was about 15-20 minutes from the airport in Palma and was located in a quiet neighbourhood. The harbour and a strip of restaurants, bars and clubs was just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We took Bus No.3 at the stop 5 minutes down the street to the Old Town which only took about 10 minutes. The staff was friendly and resourceful and this hotel deserved a 5th star because breakfast was included - a really good European breakfast (get there early)!

Great choice - can't go wrong with Hotel Feliz!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple