“Expensive but worth it for the experience!”
Review of Bar Abaco

Bar Abaco
More attraction details
Owner description: With its church-like interior and bizarre fruit-themed decorating motif, this bar is easily one of the most unusual nightspots in the area: the wacky, surreal ambiance is well worth the pricey drinks.
Manchester, England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Expensive but worth it for the experience!”
Reviewed 10 April 2006

You enter the bar through a brown door off the street, and you are taken aback as soon as you are in there - fruit and flowers all over the floor, lavish decor throughout. Sat in a courtyard with opera music piped and a fountain. Cocktails cost €15 which is very extravagant, but worth it for the experience alone if you just stay for the one! Toilets are immaculate and there are a couple of rooms upstairs - old kitchens I think - to have a nosy around whilst you're there. Lovely environment, never seen a bar like it before, well worth a visit if you don't mind paying the high prices for drinks.

14 Thank Señorita_Kate

• Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Tranquility at its best”
Reviewed 23 September 2005

I am always dubious about places that are advertised as 'must visit tourist attractions'but I would recommend Abaco 100%.As soon as you step through the door the smell of the fruit hits you.we knew the cocktails were pricey before we went, but we ended up having two champagne cocktails at 14euros each.(They were worth every euro.)I fell in love with the place but we could see that some people were intimidated when they opened the door and we just wanted to go up to them and say please come on in.There was no presure to buy a drink you could just come in and wonder around.The only thing that spoilt it for me was that there is a big notice asking for photographs not to be taken which was totaly ignored by certain nationalitiies and it wasnt very pleasant being blinded by the flash of cameras and the staff did not confront anyone who ignored this request. I have been going to Majorca for the last 10 years I wish I had discovered Abaco before.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Absolutely beautiful”
Reviewed 5 September 2005

I never write reviews on websites like these, however I felt compelled to after seeing some whingeing critics complaining about the over priced drinks in Abaco.

Having just come back from Palma, I have to say this bar is one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful I have been to in my life. Even my boyfriend loved it (so all the men thinking it's a chick's palace - you'd be suprised).

Yes, the drinks are expensive, but the prices are clearly marked on the menu and no-one puts a gun to your head to buy one. If you would like to step back in time, into a world of hedonistic cocktails, fresh fruit and flowers, whilst taking in ambiance of antique furniture and beautiful architecture - this is the place for you. For those of you that dont like the prices, go to Magalluf I'm sure you'll get some free shots. ;0)

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Not To Be Missed!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2005

What a suberb place, the atmosphere is fantastic, sooooo relaxing, like a little oasis. We spent a wonderful evening sipping cocktails. laughing and people watching. The drinks are a little expensive (we paid between 8-14 Euros per drink) but nothing more than what we would have expected - and that's coming from 4 Yorkshire folk!! You expect to pay more when you are enjoying such wonderful surroundings and first class service. We were slightly disappointed when no rose petals appeared at midnight but have since learnt that it only happens on Friday's - oh well, I suppose that means another visit next time!! We did, however, possibly lower the tone with our raucous laughter upon learning of my husbands visit to the ladies toilets - although well signed (little lady & little man) the door was open upon his arrival and he only realized his mistake on departure - much to the amusement of the waiting ladies. We didn't get thrown out and a very pleasant and memorable evening was had by all.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Fab”
Reviewed 21 December 2004

What a fab, fab place, I visit every time I am in Palma. People who complain are obviously the stupid typical tourists on a day trip from Magaluf after cheap lager and egg and chips. Just go and see it, especially late Friday night when they drop rose petals from above the fireplace..... Enough said.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member