We stayed for five nights in this hotel to use as a chill out with a bit of exploring of Palma.
We had a lovely spacious room with great, dual aspect views over the bay and a large balcony. The hotel was spotlessly clean and very peaceful, and also had a brilliant outdoor pool/terrace. Our rooms were made up daily and we were also given fresh towels every day.
The first thing I would say is that this is not the hotel for you if you want to be right in the middle of Palma. The hotel is to the West of the centre, near the Portopi commercial district. You can walk into Palma (takes about 40 mins on a straight road). The hotel is on the 46 bus route with a stop right outside (beware though that there are two routes for the 46 and only one of them passes the hotel so when travelling back from town you have to get the Terreno route- the stop is called Valpaisa) and the bus costs E1.50 per person per trip. It takes you right into central Palma in about 15 mins and was a very efficient and reasonable service.
There's also a taxi rank outside the hotel and our trips to/from the airport (one late at night and one early morning) were both in the region of E25. The Portopi Centre Commercial which has a small selection of restaurants, a large Carrefour supermarket, and a large modern shopping centre is a five to ten minute walk.
The hotel seemed to be pretty quiet. We never struggled to find space round the swimming pool. There was a cafe serving snacks and drinks which seemed good value for money (about E2 for a coffee and about E3.50 for a beer), although they didn't really seem happy about giving us drinks to have round the poolside, even in plastic or papers cups. We were on a room-only basis but the restaurant looked clean and presentable and it seemed to be possible to buy breakfast on a daily basis if that was what was wanted.
The decor throughout the hotel was quite plain and simple and there were a few areas in stairways and corridors which would have benefited from freshening up but really you would have to be picky to find it a problem.
I do have three criticisms, one which is quite minor and two more major. Firstly, the bathroom (which was perfectly adequate in every other respect), could really have done with some shelving. It was very large so there would have been space. Secondly, the pool terrace really needed some umbrellas. The area was in very bright and hot sunshine all day and there needed to be the option to have more shade.
My third criticism is that the air conditioning was not sufficient. The system was working and was blowing out cold air but it wasn't powerful enough. Looking at a plan of the hotel, ours was a larger room and maybe it would be better for a smaller room. It wasn't a problem for us as we slept with the windows open- which we would rather anyway- but I appreciate that's not everyone's cup of tea. The area the hotel is in was pretty quiet so we were undisturbed even with the windows open. I think there is a newer part of the hotel and I could see some balconies with external units so we may have just been unlucky but it could have been a problem.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet short break in warm weather or it would be an ideal base if you were intending to rent a car and explore the whole island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Horizonte Free Wi-Fi *** . is a family run Hotel up a hill in Palma managed by brothers Marga and Andreu . We are not the best Hotel in Palma but we work always to improve things day by day . let,s meet ! We offer stunning views of Palma Bay as you can read in TA thats why we always recomend to book our superior rooms with sea view in stead of cheaper ones standard No sea view ( it is really worthy ) Close to the Puerto de Palma Harbour. It features an outdoor pool and rooms with balconies, 2,5 km from central Palma cathedral .All air-conditioned accommodation at the Horizonte has simple, bright décor. Each room comes with satellite TV and private bathroom.The hotel has a buffet restaurant which serves a selection of Mediterranean cuisine and features a terrace, offering Mediterranean Sea views. . The nearest beach is Playa Cala Mayor Beach,2,5 km from the hotel and Palma’s old town can be reached in 20 minutes, by bus. You can find the Porto Pí Shopping Center and Mallorca Casino in a short walk , Pacha Dico . The city’s airport is just 9 km away and the port is a 10-minute walk from the Horizonte. We recomend to use the public bus 46 at 40 mts of the door or use the taxi because of the If any doubts we always recomend you to contact us before you buy your holidays so no surprises will appear in future . We will be glad to answer you all doubts . Be happy Amic ! Marga and Andreu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Amic Horizonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizonte Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Amic Horizonte Palma De Mallorca, Majorca