“Cozy and delicious food!”
Review of Picasso - CLOSED

Picasso
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I've been with my husband in Valentine's Day i think...well, it was so nice! They have a great food, service, prices...ok!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I spent a few days in Palma de Mallorca. We were staying at the Hotel "Isla Mallorca", have had lunch at "Mirador de Cabrera" (Cala Pi), Sa Placa (S'Alqueria Blanca), "L'arca d'en Peter"(Alcudia) and Dinner at "Tristan Bistro" (Puerto Portals), "Picasso" and "Simply Fosh". For the other places you find separate reviews. Even I'm German, I prefer to write English reviews since I also use the reviews from international participants a lot.

The location is rather small, nicely decorated and comfy. The location in Santa Catalina is also very good. The service is very friendly and pleasant. We felt very welcome.

Regarding the food:
The curry cream (with bread) is great, however the bread is just bread.
we had the "Tapas Sampler" but swapped the lamb köfte for albondingas. The price12,50€ (per person) is actually really high, I think with 5€ it would be priced propperly. You get 1 fried shrimp, 2 small spring rolls, 1 chicken sate and one small meatball per person, all served with (on my opinion) dips from the shelf. The best was the shrimp, the other meat was a bit overcooked.The meat ball not good at all.

Fortunately did we order also yasaitame chicken, since the tapas were really small. The wok chicken with vegetables served on rice was really great!! And here the price of about 12€ is almost appropriate.

All in all a nice place with a chance of decent food. A little bit overpriced.

fortunatelly did

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Picasso is a friendly restaurant and its version of what it calls 'fusion food' is, essentially, far Eastern (with little Spanish influence). Nothing wrong with that, of course, and well worth trying is the 'menu de degustacion', which is €12 per head and gives you a selection of small courses to give you an idea of the broader menu (following which you might, or might not, want more). We spent around €100 for four, although we went straight from the taster menu to dessert, and if you had main courses as well you could easily spend quite a bit more than that.

A minor quibble - there is a cover charge of €1,50 per person (which I always find annoying) and bottles of still water at €4.50 seemed a bit much. Overall, however, a very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank wem62
Reviewed 20 January 2012

this place is fun - good, charming staff, a clever menu with tapas and wok cooked choices, a strange mix but it really works. The prices are very reasonable - dinner for 4 with wine came to £100. we will return!

Reviewed 21 October 2011

I visited here with my brother and we had a lovely evening ,friendly owner and staff and the background music very groovy but not too loud.We only had a section of tapas but they were very delicious along with some nice red wine to accompany them.

1  Thank Gabalotte