Looks like a hotel built in the 70's - the mustard coloured tiles on the balcony appear from that era. We asked for an upgrade to a sea/harbour view but were told that there were no rooms available. Our room on the 6th floor at the back of the hotel had a view of Bellver Castle, but also of some garish graffiti and a burnt out building. From the other side we could see a strip bar! Not great. Room was ok, clean, and bed was very comfy to be fair, but carpet was stained and worn in places. The bathroom was ok but my biggest bugbear is the shower - it was pathetic! My basic requirement from a hotel room is a good shower. This was a mere trickle of water.
There is a strange pervasive smell in the lobby area. It smells more like chemicals than air freshener.
Breakfast was nice. Staff were nice. Location is good.
Probably would not return though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ·Modern, bright rooms equipped with everything you need to enjoy a wonderful stay in Mallorca ·Fantastic new lobby area to enjoy a gin and tonic in the new Blue Lounge Bar ·YHI Spa with water circuit, 7 treatment rooms and a full gym measuring over 1,200 m2! * ·Delicious breakfast buffet with show cooking and breakfast area on the terrace to enjoy the views* ·Just 10 minutes from Palma de Mallorca airport and the main attractions in the city ·The best hotel in Mallorca for groups of over 300 people *extra charge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Palas Atenea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Palas Atenea Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Melia Palma De Mallorca
- Melia Hotel Palas Atenea
- Melia Palas Atenea Palma De Mallorca, Majorca