Overall this is a pretty good 5 star hotel. We enjoyed a long weekend break here and can certainly recommend it. The location is good, 30 mins walk to the old town and the facilities are of the standard you would expect.
The lounge area is massive with plenty of comfortable seating and a friendly bar service.
As made clear in other reports, the level of enjoyment here can depend on the room location. Full sea view rooms would no doubt have the best views, but may suffer a little from noise from the road or the night clubs, especially on lower floors. We opted for a side sea view and although set well back in room 538 the balconies are angled and we were delighted with our full-on if not full-width view over trees and gardens to the marina and cathedral. This location was quiet which was exactly what we had requested. Side view rooms at the opposite end of the hotel (castle end) probably not so good due to the proximity of Tito`s night club, however the hotel has done a lot in the way of side screens on the balconies to minimise any unpleasant views.
Our room was a good size and very well furnished and equipped and with a striking marble bathroom, again equipped as you would expect in a five star. Mini bar prices we found were normal for this class of hotel, Euro 5 for a beer (and a coke is not Euro 8.50!).
Breakfast is good with a wide choice of hot or cold offerings. All eggs are cooked to order so this can create a bit of a queue. Cava is provided if you fancy a bucks fizz. The only slight shortcoming was the tea which would have needed several more tea bags to get anywhere near a decent cuppa.
We dined on the Terrace one evening and had an excellent view, service and food, the lobster pasta starter was superb and the fillet steak and lamb both cooked perfectly as ordered. Wine prices here seemed about half what you would pay in a five star in London (superb Rioja Euro 30) Total bill for two people including wine Euro 120, not bad!
We only spent a couple of hours at the pool, everything seemed very clean and well run and drinks prices were again no more than you would expect. There is a side gate near the pool leading onto the marina area and this is the best way in and out of the hotel to avoid the trek round the back streets (room key opens the gate).
Our only slight negatives were being stuck in the lift between floors one night for half an hour, which we were able to laugh about afterwards, and the wierd way the reception showed mini bar items on our bill, which afterwards we thought was overcharged by Euro 26, so worth keeping an eye on this.
We would certainly use this hotel again, if you are visiting Palma stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca