Near the centre? Depends on your age/fitness/attitiude. For us it was OK. The buses outside the hotel run regularly, and for just E1.25 you are in the centre in 5 minutes. Alternatively, walk into the centre in 20 minutes.
Good staff, good accommodation and good food at what is a very good rate for the quality. Excellent buffet breakfast. We were B&B. I understand that it may seem expensive if you are not, so go for the inclusive rate and fill up on a good range of hot and cold dishes, including made-to-order omelettes and home-made yoghurts.
The pool may be by the main sea-front road., but raised on its terrace you are oblivious to this. If, like us, you are "country folk" then you may notice the road noise in the rooms. For most people however. this is probably not an issue. We asked to be moved to a higher floor and they did so with no fuss, moving our luggage for us while we were out.
Wifi is expensive. As other people have pointed out, there is free wifi in a couple of local bars. We made a daily visit to bar Veintiocho to get 2 drinks each and unlimited wifi for under 10 Euros. Nice place, friendly staff/owner. Probably a bit of a sports/party bar later on but was a nice place to hang out and chill early evening and food was OK.
Finally - a nice touch at the hotel was a small tray of deserts sent to our room on the last afternoon as a "thank you for coming" from the management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca