Decided to choose this hotel due to its location within Palma, it's only about 20 mins in a taxi from the airport. On arrival the staff were very attentive and as we arrived before the check in time, we were shown our room. We choose a sea view with also a view of the cathedral.
Room - excellent we stayed in room 422, which is very central to the hotel, the bed was great, had a good nights sleep, Clarins toiletries were provided.
Pool was. Nice for the week we were there, it wasn't cold and it cooled you down nicely after sunbathing. I must say that there were other guests which seemed to hoard beds and at times it was difficult to get the sun all day. As the pool is right behind the main road, we did get some noise from this, but you do expect this for a city centre hotel.
Breakfast was ok nothing too special and not the best selection, I have been to less rated hotels and had a better experience with what was on offer.
Drinks - I like a gin and tonic, but you need to be very careful here, round the pool it was €11 and in the lobby bar it was €12.50. This was the only down side regarding the hotel. Drinks too expensive and because of that the hotel lobby was empty at night. It could have been cheaper and I guess a lot more residents would have drank in the bar instead of going outside to the local bars, where a drink outside was between €6 and €7.50.
I like Mallorca as it is only a short journey from the uk and it always proves a hit with me.
Would I stay at this hotel again, although I did enjoy it, it was expensive and I would have preferred this standard of hotel to be cheaper, so I would say not.
I would definitely return to Mallorca but not Palma again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Meliá Victoria is a 5 star hotel located in Paseo Marítimo with wonderful views of the Bay of Palma. A unique experience of traditional luxury and cutting-edge style inside this deluxe 171-room hotel surrounded by history and classic beauty. Rooms equipped with every comfort, excellent facilities and superb services. RedLevel Service in Superior Accommodation: The most superior range of personalized attendance. Admire stunning sunsets from our magnificent terrace or just relax by the pool with panoramic and exclusive views. Enjoy an authentic gourmet experience in our fine dining restaurant and the most innovative cocktails in our bars. It is surrounded by elegant restaurants and close to the most exclusive shops and boutiques and historic city centre of Palma de Mallorca. It is near the airport (15 minutes away). Located in an area noted for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and café terraces which buzz with activity both day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Melia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca