“A girl´s weekend”

Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Sweden
“A girl´s weekend”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

A good place to go for a long weekend as the hotel is perfectly situated.
Nice breakfast with a lot to choose from, pool area nice but not enough sun chairs.
Lunch at pool bar good even if service is a bit slow.
Room very dull and small but beds comfortable, bathroom big and ok.
The quality of towels are of terrible quality.
But all in all, you get what you pay for and this is not a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my 70 years old mom and 7 years old daughter. I clearly excpected a bit more value for my money. The room 195e per night, junior suite was spacious and clean but no balcony and noisy. Walls in this hotel are paper thin and street noises disturb as well. Breakfast room was messy, dishes lying all around, not once a clean table for us three. However food was good. Inside pool was not included in the room price, costs 10e extra per use. Staff didn't help us with luggage when we arrived, they simply gave us a key to luggage room and asked us to wait until our room was ready. Location is fine. Roughly 15min walk from downtown. We used local bus a lot, it was easy and convinient. Outside pool area is nice and clean. Then again for pool towels you needed a 10e deposit and get them yourself from the spa reception. Not very practical for a 4star hotel. All in all not sure if i would recommend this for a friend.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel when visiting friends in Palma since it was a three star.
Firstly I cannot complement the friendly staff enough, however the hotel seems to be confused. The pool area has been developed over the last five years, we now have the bain of Magaluf blairing music, surprising as the building at the back is a senior's citizens residence. The towels have quite clearly seen better days, under the beds [I stayed in the new block] should be cleaned, I found a sweet paper and the last client's hotel card i.n the room.
Breakfast was adequate but the hotel seems to be returning to a three star. The spa is still delightful, gym is alright, although I had nothing but trouble with their special offer
Would I stay again yes, but only because of it's location and staff. For the price this hotel charges it should review it's four star experience. It is not only a requisite to have nice public areas but the overall experience should be four star. Theyb still do not realise that they have Brit's staying in the hotel and the choice of Channels should be reviewed. I understand Spanish, but many of the clients do not.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view of the port
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snei
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a 6th floor room with a view towards the sea and to the castle. Gym was excellent - large pool area. All very clean; staff. excellent. Rooms were not the biggest but we would highly recommend this hotel - easy to walk to the port/into the old town.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank BattleOfBarnet
Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a room with a terrace. When we booked, we asked specifically for a non smoking room with a bath. Upon arrival in our room we discovered it had no bath but just a shower. The clerk at the reception told us they had no rooms with terrace and a bath available tonight so we should come back the next day and see if a room was available. We were very unhappy. To make matters worse, our room was located on the first floor, right above the hotel terrace. There were lots of very loud people on the terrace, and their cigarette smoke came into our room. It was terrible. We closed the door and turned on the air conditioning, but only hot air came out. We were told that the air conditioning was not working in the entire hotel. The next morning we went to reception to demand another room. To our astonishment we were told that there were no rooms with terrace and a bath. At all! All the terrace rooms in the hotel only had showers. We were not told this when we booked! We asked how they were going to solve this. They said we could get an upgrade to a junior suite. We thought that was a fine solution, until they told us that we would have to pay € 250 extra for that!!
Apart from all this, the beds are very hard, the breakfast buffet is disappointing, and at the spa they make you wear a bath cap that you have to purchase for € 2 a person. Of course that's not a lot of money, but when you've paid € 700 to stay at this hotel, it is ridiculous to be treated this way.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jeroen76
london
Reviewed 23 April 2012

i am very impressed with this hotel. nice rooms, very friendly staff. wonderful kitchen and night life. the promenade is just 5 min walk and is wonderful in the night , full of people and life. will go there one more time

Room Tip: its is a nice and quite hotel, all rooms are nice
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very Disappointing!!! Having booked this hotel on the basis of the numerous glowing reviews I cannot express how terribly disappointed I was with my 2 nights stay on 6th and 7th April.

I was unfortunate enough to be in room 117. This room is on the street side of the hotel (not overlooking the pool.) There is a house opposite with 2 large dogs and the owner is not considerate of his neighbours. These dogs will bark at any time of the day or night. Their deep barking woke me up from an early evening sleep on Friday and then again at 7am on Saturday morning (I am not a light sleeper.)
Added to the fact the rooms on this side of the hotel are next to the hotel service entrance, this means the intermittent noise of bins being dragged across the pavement and the coming and going of service vehicles.
When I asked if there was any possibility I could move room I was treated with nonchalant indifference from the staff on reception. Very disappointing given that everywhere else I was served in Palma over the course of my weekend I was very impressed with the service.

I can only describe the self service breakfast arrangement at this hotel as chaotic. It was more reminiscent of busy McDonalds.

This is a basic hotel and is definitely not a 4 star. In spite of the hotel, I had a great weekend in Palma. What a beautiful city. I would recommend Palma, but definitely cannot recommend this hotel. If you stay here I strongly advise that you express that you do not want rooms 101/5/7/9/11/13/15/17/19.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 101/5/7/9/11/13/15/17/19.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple