Very pleased that we chose Hotel Saratoga for a 3 night break. In a convenient location, round the corner from Passaig Born and about 15 mins walk to the old town. The airport bus stops just up the street from the Saratoga and cost 2€.
The hotel was very clean and we had a room with a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard which was quiet and got the sun in the morning. The room seemed like it had recently been refurbished with comfy beds and a flatscreen tv. The staff were very pleasant.
We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel but it looked like an extensive buffet selection at a special rate of 10 euros a head which seemed reasonable. There are plenty of local cafes if you don't want to eat in.
There are two pools. The hotel was quite busy (end of Sept) and the rooftop pool area got quite cramped. The gym takes up precious space on this floor - if I owned this hotel I'd relocate it to a lower floor and create much needed lounging space. There were sun loungers in the inner courtyard, but this only got the sun till about 3pm.
Another criticism would be the cost of the minibar. Why do hotels insist on such ridiculous prices? (€2.50 for a small bottle of water when you can buy 1.5l for 70c round the corner) - it would make more sense to have reasonable prices that would actually encourage people to drink what's in there.
All in all a great location and a good hotel. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone going to Palma.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Saratoga, in Palma (Majorca) was established in 1962 and has been recently refurbished. The Hotel Saratoga is situated in a central but quiet location in Palma (Majorca), near one of the most popular and prestigious commercial avenues of the city - Avenue Jaime III - close to the Paseo Maritimo promenade, the Cathedral and the Harbour. Built in a conventional style, the Hotel Saratoga has a fresh and comfortable atmosphere, a sober decor, and excellent facilities, equipment and service. The Hotel Saratoga disposes 187 luxury rooms and offers free wireless high speed internet throughout the whole hotel. There is a BLUE JAZZ CLUB with live Jazz Music and the presence of the best Jazz artists in Majorca. The Hotel Saratoga is highly recommended for Conventions and Business, tourism, Golf and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mirai, Booking.com, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Saratoga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Saratoga Palma De Mallorca, Majorca