We stayed at the Saratoga for four nights early June, and would definitely return and recommend the hotel to others. The location is within five minutes walk of the Marina, and in the other direction, the main shopping street. With plenty of nearby restaurants - if you turn left out of hotel and after 25 yards turn right cross the Passeo de Mallorca, you will come to an area with lots of very good, moderately priced, restaurants. Alternatively, make your way to the seafront turning left heading towards the cathedral, and you will find the Pesquera which was our favourite restaurant (look for the flags on the roof). The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful, offering advice on where to catch local buses/timetables to other resorts. Breakfasts at the Saratoga were very good. We were told they were 15 euros per day, but if we paid for all four mornings, they were discounted to 12 euros per day. We found it good value as they provided everything from fresh fruit, juices, yoghurts, cereals,meats, cheeses, pastries, as well as bacon, eggs, mushrooms or even griddles asparagus. One thing to watch for though: we found the bacon, mushrooms, beans etc, in the trays did not stay warm as the overhead lamps were ineffective. We waited and had the bacon and eggs cooked freshly. The jazz nights (on Mon, Thurs, Fri and Sat) are well worth a visit. Our superior room was 118 on first floor and we found no noise at all at night. Balcony overlooked large courtyard/outside breakfast area. Bathroom modern and good size with nice choice of products. There are two pools: one outside in ground floor courtyard, the other being on 7th floor. The courtyard pool was always in shade and therefore rather cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Saratoga, in Palma (Majorca) was established in 1962 and has been recently refurbished. The Hotel Saratoga is situated in a central but quiet location in Palma (Majorca), near one of the most popular and prestigious commercial avenues of the city - Avenue Jaime III - close to the Paseo Maritimo promenade, the Cathedral and the Harbour. Built in a conventional style, the Hotel Saratoga has a fresh and comfortable atmosphere, a sober decor, and excellent facilities, equipment and service. The Hotel Saratoga disposes 187 luxury rooms and offers free wireless high speed internet throughout the whole hotel. There is a BLUE JAZZ CLUB with live Jazz Music and the presence of the best Jazz artists in Majorca. The Hotel Saratoga is highly recommended for Conventions and Business, tourism, Golf and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mirai, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, HostelWorld, TravelUp, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Saratoga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Saratoga Palma De Mallorca, Majorca