“Very nice hotel”

Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Nice big rooms, with balcony. Overlooking parts of Palma. Great logistics to get to the 3 golf cources. Good golf. Breakfast was very nice, great service too. Lot to choose from. Nice bar and terrace for drinks before going out to dinner.

Room Tip: Terrace room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Anita W
JVeensma, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Golfer from Helsingborg,

I hope you had some good results with your golf play at the courses arround the Hotel.

We want to thank you that you wrote your feedback and please visit us soon again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed in many hotels across the world ,
But for quality of this hotel ticks all the boxes.
Room views amazing,(if you staying on front that is!) hotel looking down on Palma amazing and relaxing.
Food also of very high quality, nice art deco throughout hotel, good staff
Always meet you with a smile!
Hotel is not cheap but nice to be spoilt
Even for 3 nights....
Hope to be back in December or early in the new year..
Thanks to all staff and catering staff,
good staff makes a good hotel....
Nice relaxing seating area to front of hotel, spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Dainty68

Dear Clients,

with great pleasure we are writing your feedback in TripAdvisor and we want to thank you that you took the time to write these.
Thank you for staying at "The Balcony of Mallorca" the Castillo Hotel Son Vida and we really hope you will visit us soon again.

Kind regards from Mallorca

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida due to a work event. Going on a trip to Mallorca was not going to be something I say no to so I was happy to oblige to the event. Safe to say, I was not dissappointed.
FIrst and foremost, the resort is gorgeous.The resort itself is one quite a bit of property with two ourdoor pools, an indoor pool, a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, gym, and golf course. It has a few luxury stores within the hotel that are open during normal business hours. The restaurant has a fantastic breakfast buffet with great views of the grounds (you can eat outdoors as well).
The rooms were just as amazing as the property itself. I had a king sized bed with a shower (which has one of the most amazing drains, it is a slab of marble with an opening that runs around the slab for the water to run underneath it into a proper drain), bathtub, mini bar, and, since I was on the ground floor, a balcony that was actually the back yard. Every evening, you get someone come in around 7-8 to offer you turn down service (remove those extremely dumb decor pillows, open the sheets, place a fresh pair of slippers at your bedside, bring more water to the room, and a fresh bowl of ice). This small part of my start might have been the best part because it was one of the little things that made the stay that much more.
The staff is very attentive and always willing to help you, whether it is setting up a taxi or helping you with excellent recommendations of what to do or where to eat downtown. Transportation wise, it is a 15-20min taxi from the airport (Around ~15Eur and remember, since it's Spain, tipping isn't necessary but it is certainly appreciated).
I went in Oct, during their offseason, so the demographic there is pretty awful for a young adult like myself. There are lots of old people there, those from Europe who are either retired or close to it and are spending a week or two in Mallorca. However, we got a truly excellent rate and that made it worth it in my opinion (~200Eur per night).
If I were in Mallorca and I was ready to splurge, Castillo Hotel Son Vida is my place to go to. The area is beautiful, the staff is hard working and interested in helping you, and the food is quite good. I recommmend this place for a stay, at least for one evening of your Mallorca trip.

Room Tip: If you want to walk on the grounds from your room, ask for rooms on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank victorylow
JVeensma, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Dear clients from Maplewood,

it is a great honor that you choosed to stay at the Balcony of Mallorca, at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.
Thank you for your feedback and great comments, I am sure the whole team is very proud to read these.
We hope you will visit us soon again and sending you sunny regards from Mallorca.

Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, service is excellent, open air and indoor pools, with a lovely heated pool for the smaller kids.Views from terrasse are amazing, as well as from the restaurants. Staff is very kind and professional, very relaxing and enjoyable stay, a must for golf lovers.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank inst
JVeensma, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear clients from Paris,

Thank you very much for visiting "The Balcony of Mallorca", the Castillo Hotel Son Vida and sending us your nice feedback via TripAdvisor.

I hope you will visit us soon again.

Saludos Cordiales

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed here a few times before flying back to the US, usually one or two nights. The grounds are perfect and absolutely stunning, the rooms are equally beautiful with outstanding bathrooms. There's nothing negative to say about the rooms at all, cleanliness, size and overall comfort. The staff is generally very attentive and polite. Make sure you get a room with a balcony. The pool is nice but its missing an outside jacuzzi. The breakfast is great but the staff in the morning could use a little more politeness but that's made up for with the generous buffet. The main restaurant is a little stuffy but I guess they need to cater to all age groups. We didn't try to second and new restaurant but I believe it features a more modern decor and menu.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ThomasNY
JVeensma, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

buenas tardes New York,

thank you choosing the Balcony of Mallorca, the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

We realy appreciate ypour feedback and I will share your information with my team.
Please visit us again when you are planning to stay in Spain.

Sunny regards from Mallorca

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We visited for a week with our six year old, My husband is Platinum with Starwood and we had an overall very positive experience. Check in was smooth and we were upgraded (Platinum perk) to a beautiful suite with the beautiful view. The breakfast is excellent and plentiful. The pool is beautiful, the grounds are serene and well maintained. The kids camp is conveniently located and our child enjoyed herself immensely. The property manages to be family friendly but also upscale and refined--a very delicate balance. We ate dinner at the property a few times during the week and found the food to be very good but we preferred the tapas menu over the formal restaurant menu and the staff accomodated us by allowing us to order tapas in the formal restaurant area when we showed up without a reservation. The octopus was outstanding. We had some very nice wines with dinner but feel the hotel could offer more enticing by the glass choices. Adding live music some nights of the week on the terrace would be great--would like to see more liveliness in the hotel bar area. The gym is in need of an update. The service was sometimes slow but not terrible. The biggest service issue was two gym shirts that never came back from the laundry. Overall the hotel had such a pleasant atmosphere it was hard to leave. Thank you for such a great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Justine W

Dear clienst from Chigago,

Thank you for visiting the Balcony of Mallorca,.

It was great having you and looking forward to welcome you next week again.
May I kindly ask you to contact the Hotel so I could have more information about your missing shirts...... ?
Once again, muchas gracias and sending kind regards to Chigago.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Amazing location, the hotel and grounds are beautiful. The service although seems excellent when you check in, is poor overall. Was escorted to my room by front desk attendant. Tipped him well for showing us around the room and taking our bags up. I gave him some requests; golf tee time and hours for breakfast. Received neither. Called the front desk for 1/2 hour, no answer. Next morning called again, same results. Went down to breakfast, they had just closed and kitchen was closed. There were still people eating in the veranda area, but they were not willing to accommodate us. It seems like the resort catered to the old and wealthy. I really feel like I wasted my SPG points and Platinum status. Disappointed overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank reortiz1974

Dear Guest from Edinburg, Texas,

thank you for your feedback and your stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

I am sorry to read that we did not met your expectations, however I would loved to speak with you about all this during your stay, I am sure I could helped you inmedtiatly with your needs.

Thanks again for giving us the oppotunity to improve our service by giving us your feedback,

Kind regards

#2 of 8 in Port de Soller
Gran Melia de Mar
Gran Melia de Mar
#5 of 181 in Calvia

Been to Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!