GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
NH Ciutat de Mallorca(Palma de Mallorca)
View Hotel
Hotel Amic Horizonte(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Restaurant
BQ Augusta(Palma de Mallorca)
View Hotel
Catalonia Majorica Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Eurostars Marivent(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Hotel Rosamar(Palma de Mallorca)
View Hotel
Hotel Joan Miro Museum(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Hotel Aries(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Room Service
Hotel Nixe Palace(Cala Major)
  • Pool
Gran Melia Victoria(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
All reviewsbistro barmar blaustar hotelsalt watersteep hilltennis courtsporto pihill overlookingpool areas aresteam roomlovely hotelthe busour room was not readyoriginal roomtaxi rankmain restaurantgreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is all about service and comfort. The rooms were exceptional and very comfortable. The hotel itself sits on a hill and you can see the marina and watch the boats and ships from your balcony which is quite large. Therefore the higher you are, the better the view, just remember the top floor as with most hotels in Spain are smoking to keep the smoke from floating up to the rooms above. The bed was very comfortable and seems to be the normal setup with basically two twin beds pushed together with separate sheets and covers. This was not a problem and what a wonderful night’s sleep. The stay was an organized one with a total of 49 rooms and the staff was extremely helpful. Since we did not have anything that identified us as part of the group, I assume the staff treats all of the customers the same. We lost luggage on the way and the hotel told us not to worry, they would take care of it and sure enough the next day I luggage was in our room. The food was excellent when we ate at the restaurant during one of our free time sessions. There was nothing I can say was even an issue staying here. Granted it is expensive, but we felt we received service equal or better for the cost. Since we stayed at the hotel, we made arrangements for a massage. In your room, they provide robes and slippers and you can take the elevator down to the spa, which is interesting as only one goes there. I highly recommend a massage there even if you are not staying at the hotel. One note regarding the massage, this is not the US, it is very European. While they require bathing suits when walking through the spa, this is not the case during the massage so if you are modest or not accustomed to being seen without cloths, better skip the massage. Basically they provide a disposable g-string and you are not covered during the treatment. But if you do not have any issues with this, I highly recommend a massage. I have had many in multiple cities and countries and this was one of the best. We both left there feeling like a new person. The only issue is unless you enjoy a good walk, you need a cab to go anywhere. As with most of Mallorca, it is expensive, but if you can afford it, stay there and I would find it hard to believe you will not enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better the view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed at the Valpariso Palace for a 10 day break in late June 2012.Having read some of the reviews on this hotel I was a little put off.My wife and I have not been to Majorca for some thirty years,so we thought how bad can it be.We were going to chill out and just lie by the pool,we were very pleasently surprised.The hotel rooms have been refurbished and all seem to have new bathrooms.the pool areas are massive with loads of beds at any time of day, so no need to put towels out.The restaurants were very good and the standard of the food and service was excellent.The hotel had nice little touches which makes a difference, a range of free English newspapers,BBC1+2 and itv on the large plasa tv's in the bedrooms,quality robes and slippers in all the rooms also.Palma is a short taxi ride away and is now a very smart town with beautiful shops and restaurants.All in all a wonderful break,the only down side is the location of the hotel which is up a steep hill.Going down is OK ,but my good lady still managed to fall down and this was before she had a drink.There is a handy 24 hour pharmacist at Porta PI at the bottom of the hill.We would definitely go back again

Room Tip: ask for a high room with port view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gary t
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Having read all the reviews I chose this hotel despite a few poor postings! I had a lovely 3 night stay with my daughter. The room was fabulous, wonderful view and recently refurbished. The pool areas were clean and plenty of sun beds and parasols. We had one day of cloud so had the delight of using the spa and what a delight this was, the massage was wonderful and the surroundings luxurious, staff could not be more attentive. I have to concur with previous comments the breakfast was wonderful All in all a wonderful stay, the concierge was very informative so Much so we hired bikes and cycled the 40 km round trip cycle path and would recommend this. Would stay here again without a doubt

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Meny22
Reviewed 21 April 2012

After returning to this hotel after 6 years, we were dissapointed to find that nothing had been upgraded since and it really showed. Although the service and staff were as lovely as we remembered as was the food especially the breakfast it was the general decor that needed some work. The indoor pool in the spa was dirty with broken tiles and just generally quite grubby. We had a top floor suite which really wasn't worth the money we paid. Putting that aside we had a really nice stay but will look elsewhere next time. Not worthy of the 5 stars I'm aftraid to say.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Had a long weekend for our wedding anniversary at the Valparaiso and had a beautiful, newly refurbished and large room with the most fantastic views across the pools, port, harbour, castle and cathedral!
All the staff were lovely and very helpful, with nothing being too much trouble. My husband had stayed before and said it was the best breakfast in Mallorca - I was not disappointed. The pools were lovely, but nfortunately the weather was not conducive to taking a dip.
Although, as a previous reviewer has said, not necessarily in the best position for beaches, it was the perfect location for us as we drove round the island quite a bit and it was close to the main roads. If you have a car, it is only a short drive to some lovely beaches and there is plenty of parking at the hotel.
My only regret is that we weren't staying longer, echoed by my husband, who usually gets itchy feet on holiday!

Room Tip: Floor 5 facing the sea cannot be beaten.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple