A little background about us before I begin .... We are two 30 (something) Mum's who booked a break away for 4 nights (no partners nor children) for some serious rest and relaxtion and we are delighted with our choice.
I had read many, many reviews of various hotels across mainland Spain and the Balearics so decided to go ahead with the Valparaiso on a B&B basis as it seemed so popular - deservedly so.
We had a very warm welcome and a good giggle with reception staff when we arrived at midnight on Friday. We checked in and went up to our room on the 6th floor - there was no sign of chinz or 80's wallpaper here, with a sea view (I requested this on our online reservation form and this was duly noted) - a SPECTACULAR view from our balcony! We found all of the staff extremely polite, friendly and helpful throughout our stay - I think it is always worth remembering that you get back what you put in. They even continued to offer to assist us with phone calls to Easyjet at Palma airport as the wonderful Easyjet had sent my travel companions case to Milan instead of Palma (she didn't receive it for 2 days but that is another story)!
We found the sunbeds the most comfortable we have ever had the pleasure of bathing on (and we both have travelled 5* around Asia and Australia) - the pools are fantastic - plenty of room so no-one too close! The Gambo Palace (poolside eatery) staff were always attentive and pleasant. Plenty of shade if the sun is too hot. Gardens immaculate. Nice breeze as the location is not in the heart of the city and obviously above sea level.
Now, let me tell you about the spa (actually I would rather keep it our secret so it doesn't get too busy) - but it's only fair I share. We were aware that we would have use of the spa so we thought perhaps limited use i.e. an occasional sauna, jacuzzi etc ..... Oh No, it was the works! Herbal Steam room, salt steam room , waterbeds in the relaxation room, meditation pods, sensory showers, indoor pool, jacuzzi bars, ..... I could go on but I am teary just thinking at how wonderful it was - it was FANTASTIC !!! We had a spa every evening before going out to La Llotja for Tapas and to be honest I was so relaxed and detoxed that I didn't even fancy a glass of wine with my evening meal (very unusual for me I hasten to add).
Breakfast was, as stated in other reviews, out of this world! Everything you could think of was there. Also free newspapers to browse. I can't comment on evening meals as we didn't eat at the hotel preferring to eat out in the City.
Reluctantly we had to leave yesterday and requested a slightly later checkout (normally midday but we requested 2pm) and this was also granted at no extra charge . We were able to relax by the pool all morning, have lunch and then shower and pack before jumping into a taxi to the airport (15 minutes away) - bliss.
A complete "find" hotel as we describe it, excellent for a long weekend of relaxing and we most certainly are going back there when we can (and observing the weather forecast for the next month in England I should imagine it won't be too long).
If you are lucky enough to be going soon, then enjoy and make sure you ask a therapist at the spa to show you around as it's so big you would probably not be aware that half of it is there!
Thank you Hotel Valparaiso for a wonderful break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an excellent location overlooking Palma de Mallorca's bay and sourrounded by magnificent gardens, yet only a few minutes from the city center. Rooms: large, luxurious rooms and suites, fully equipped with a furnished bathroom, hair dryer, bathrobe, heating / air-conditioning, Sat-TV, minibar, safety deposit box and terrace with a magnificent panoramic view. Spa & Wellness Center: The Nayara Spa invites you to relax in a truly luxurious style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Valparaiso Palace Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA Palma De Mallorca, Majorca