Just back from 5 days here and feel compelled to share my experience.
As you approach the hotel, it looks like a 60's concrete block, not very inviting.
However, don't let this impression worry you. The hotel and facilities are wonderful, recently refurbished, completely up to date, high quality and very tasteful. Beautiful interior, great rooms all with a view of the sea, wonderful swimming pools and spa. Nice location, top of a hill 10 mins in a taxi from the centre of Palma.
Unfortunately, it is badly let down by the very poor quality of staff working there. It was as if no one could be bothered. You get better service in McDonalds. There is no hotel manager and everyone seems to have their own agenda; ignore the customer or be unhelpful and sometimes downright rude if you can be bothered.
The food was pretty decent but in light of the shocking service, everything was way overpriced.
Maybe the staff were offended because I booked very last minute through travel republic and paid 200 Euros per night, I got that impression anyway. I've been brought up to treat everyone with manners, decency and respect. As a result I expect the same back, whether I'm paying 200 Euros or 400 Euros per night, it should not matter. Well it seems to matter a lot at this hotel.
It is the first time I have been told that it is impossible to have a late check out (I was prepared to pay extra), they did not even check the computer "we are very busy it is not possible", not even an I'm sorry.
No one even asked if we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an excellent location overlooking Palma de Mallorca's bay and sourrounded by magnificent gardens, yet only a few minutes from the city center. Rooms: large, luxurious rooms and suites, fully equipped with a furnished bathroom, hair dryer, bathrobe, heating / air-conditioning, Sat-TV, minibar, safety deposit box and terrace with a magnificent panoramic view. Spa & Wellness Center: The Nayara Spa invites you to relax in a truly luxurious style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Valparaiso Palace Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA Palma De Mallorca, Majorca