My husband I were terribly disappointed that we were unable to stay here for our recent last minute romantic getaway and ended up staying at Puro Hotel instead (excellent). As it turned out what a huge relief!! We were so keen to see the Portixol having reading rave reviews we thought we would lunch there one day to see if we should stay there next visit - NO would now be the answer!! Firstly it is at least a 40 minute walk into Palma(I'm not adverse to a good walk being a runner but walking by a busy dual carriageway isn't romantic!) the location isn't as pretty as it should be over looking far too much metal railings, concrete and smelly old seaweed!! Immediately entering the hotel it obviously was smart years ago but looks nothing special now. We sat for lunch and had to wait far too long until we were offered any drinks, the waitress eventually took our order but my husband's order arrived wrong as the waitress didn't it write down. However, I would have no complaint about the standard of the food as it was truly fabulous. Following a very good feed and plenty if champagne we thought we would watch the last rays of sun go down on the empty sun loungers, a member of staff gave my husband towels as he paid the relatively large bill. As we had just settled a very rude member of staff told us we were not allowed to sit there as we were not guests!!! Most embarrassing!!! Overall this spoilt my birthday lunch but at least we weren't there for the full 4 days!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portixol combines old tradition with modern style and comfort in a unique way. This small and exclusive hotel is beautifully situated in the Portixol harbour within easy walking distance of the centre of Palma and its majestic cathedral.Space and light is the overall impression of Portixol - a delightful mix of light Scandinavian simplicity and Mediterranean colours bringing together functionality and flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Portixol Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portixol Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Portixol Hotel And Restaurant Palma De Mallorca, Majorca