Portixol Hotel and Restaurant
Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa(Palma de Mallorca)
US$166
US$126
  • Pool
Melia Palma Marina(Palma de Mallorca)
US$156
US$150
  • Pool
Boutique Hotel Can Cera(Palma de Mallorca)
US$389
US$339
  • Restaurant
HM Jaime III(Palma de Mallorca)
US$154
US$139
Official website
  • Breakfast included
Innside By Melia Palma Bosque(Palma de Mallorca)
US$158
US$148
US$152
US$147
  • Pool
Hotel Costa Azul(Palma de Mallorca)
US$153
  • Pool
Gran Melia Victoria(Palma de Mallorca)
US$255
US$228
  • Pool
GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA(Palma de Mallorca)
US$347
US$243
BQ Belvedere Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
US$209
US$153
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewstempura prawnssister hotelgazpacholovely hotelold townsea frontweekend breakmini barsun loungersterracemallorcastylishportseafrontcathedral
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband I were terribly disappointed that we were unable to stay here for our recent last minute romantic getaway and ended up staying at Puro Hotel instead (excellent). As it turned out what a huge relief!! We were so keen to see the Portixol having reading rave reviews we thought we would lunch there one day to see if we should stay there next visit - NO would now be the answer!! Firstly it is at least a 40 minute walk into Palma(I'm not adverse to a good walk being a runner but walking by a busy dual carriageway isn't romantic!) the location isn't as pretty as it should be over looking far too much metal railings, concrete and smelly old seaweed!! Immediately entering the hotel it obviously was smart years ago but looks nothing special now. We sat for lunch and had to wait far too long until we were offered any drinks, the waitress eventually took our order but my husband's order arrived wrong as the waitress didn't it write down. However, I would have no complaint about the standard of the food as it was truly fabulous. Following a very good feed and plenty if champagne we thought we would watch the last rays of sun go down on the empty sun loungers, a member of staff gave my husband towels as he paid the relatively large bill. As we had just settled a very rude member of staff told us we were not allowed to sit there as we were not guests!!! Most embarrassing!!! Overall this spoilt my birthday lunch but at least we weren't there for the full 4 days!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank alexbaldwin
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had just the most wonderful lunch in the near perfect surroundings. A really interesting menu and attentive, smiling staff. This was just a wonderful experience that didn't cost the earth. Now going back for the weekend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Hotel Portixol is my hotel of choice when visiting Palma. Located directly on the water, the hotel’s close proximity to the airport and Palma’s old town make it ideal for a long get-away weekend. The hotel’s atmosphere is a mixture of cool Scandinavian minimalism and understated Mediterranean flare. Nearly every room boasts views of the sea and if you’re lucky, of the cathedral. The breakfast is one of the best I’ve ever had in a hotel; have it outside or in the dining area looking out over the pool. The fitness centre is adequate but why bother when you can rent a bike or go for a jog down the endless coastline.
Evenings, one can take a short taxi ride (around ten EUR) to the Palma old town or walk. Alternatively, one can simply walk around the corner from the hotel and check out the numerous bars and restaurants in Portixol itself.
I’d stay here more often but Hotel Portixol is almost always booked solid! Call way in advance!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I brought my mother and my three children to this wonderful hotel on a picky friend's recommendation. The staff made us all feel instantly at home and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. Our room was a suite overlooking the ocean with a large terrace and comfortable seating (modern clean lines but inviting) and our suite/bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was utterly lovely with every type of offering from bacon and eggs to fresh pastries, fresh fruit and lovely cheeses, meats and homemade jams. In fact, the restaurant was so good we found ourselves not wanting to try anywhere else and dragging ourselves away (loved the tuna tataki). The pool area is wonderful - stylish but comfortable with lots of shade and attentive service. All this and lovely staff who genuinely care that you feel treated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After spending a very pleasant few days in Palma old town I treated my self to one night in the Portixcol Holel, which I had walked passed before on previous visits to Plama and always wondered what it was like..Now I know and its brilliant.! Yes, its a bit more expensive, but it is good value once you take into account the location, (right on the seafront) and all the facilities - the lovely pool, sun lounging areas; the ample beach towels handed to you when you go to pick a sunbed; the friendly and efficient staff; the well priced "menu di dia" using local fresh ingredients with imagination e.g. melon soup and tuna tartar; the most comfortable and well kitted bedrooms- who knew I needed a shower with three different shower fittings! and that is not mentioning the well endowed breakfast table! I had a late flight which was easily accommodated with access to a locker and spa area with mountains of towels, shower and hairdryer! The hotel gets a lot of repeat visitors from well heeled UK, Dutch and Scandinavian guests. Hopefully I will be joining them in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms look great - if on a bigger budget then the rooms with sea view are fab!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo