A wonderful place for a terrace meal with a cool breeze off the sea. (If the breeze is a bit too cool they give you blankets to wrap around your shoulders - they'll give you two if your legs also feel a bit too cool).
A great family meal attentively and happily managed by a posse of impossibly tight jean-ed women. Not unreasonable cost (that bit is a guess since my son was paying and he's not rolling in it). The food was wonderful, bread and oils to dip into were unlimited and even the coffee was great by Mallorcan standards.
Outside parking is a bit of a pain but give the totally unofficial 'space watchers' a Euro and space magically appears. (Don't give them a Euro and, I'm told, a scratch or puncture magically appears.)
This is not Palma but a little fishing village grown much bigger by its small boat marina and linked to Palma by the motorway to the airport - so it is a bit of trek into town - but if you want to spend a lot of time in town, stay there and eat here a few times. You're worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portixol combines old tradition with modern style and comfort in a unique way. This small and exclusive hotel is beautifully situated in the Portixol harbour within easy walking distance of the centre of Palma and its majestic cathedral.Space and light is the overall impression of Portixol - a delightful mix of light Scandinavian simplicity and Mediterranean colours bringing together functionality and flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Portixol Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portixol Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Portixol Hotel And Restaurant Palma De Mallorca, Majorca