“not a great hotel”

Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
spain
“not a great hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

An unfriendly welcome form the reception staff who went on and on about us arriving with a baby and not telling them (12 euro extra for a cot and we co-sleep, so why would I ??) and kept telling us the beds were too small for us all to sleep there..... very small rooms, if you are any taller than 5 foot you will have trouble using the toilet as the bidet is slap bang in front of it...hair all over the flour in the room, a deisgn falut blinds on the outside of the windows bang about every minute or so all day and night, noisy traffic and a depressing array of items for breakfast. The only good point is it´s location, near port and the old town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sishead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel in the last few years now 3 times. They never fail to deliver and looks like they are improving all the time. This time I had room 901, top floor facing to back and with BALCONY> View was unbelievable beautiful. Room it self was with double bed, and small room, but all the facilities were there (writing desk with chair, 32 inch TV, Nice bathroom, great shower power). bed is good and comfortable, and they have very good selection of TV stations (also apple TV) .
Breakfast is better than most of 3 star hotels.
Rooms in this hotel are not huge, but then again that is generally speaking with any City hotels. Rooms are very well planned, so space is used practically. Wi-Fi is Fast and particularly if you are on business trip, this is a big advantage as even some 5 star hotels have slower Wi-Fi as this hotel has..
Another great thing about Hotel Palladium: Airport bus (number 1) stops straight outside of this hotel, when you come from Airport and they leave to Airport round the corner. Charge only Euro 1.70/taxi was Euro 15.
If you looking for hotel , which is in the hart of city , where everything seems to function (as said, even shower power on 9th floor was very good), rooms are clean (laminated floors) , sound proof is good and still reasonable priced, Hotel palladium is place to stay.Will stay here again on my short visits to this beautiful city (El Corte Ingles department store approx 10 min slow walk).Hotel Palladium feels like home

Room Tip: Room 901 or 801 or 701,,,to , 301 All these rooms are facing to back with balcony. If you are trav...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank quality13
newcastle
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A good choice for a few days stay in lovely Palma. Stylish in a minimalist way with excellent wifi coverage. Can especially commend the breakfast and the excellent barista quality coffee machine. A very welcome change. The only slightly odd thing are the choice of tables and chairs in the dining area. Somehow the chairs seem too low for the tables. Other than that small caveat good location and helpful staff made this a very pleasant stay. Very handily for the airport bus too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Billinge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am so glad I chose this hotel! I knew roughly where it was and the the no 1 airport bus drops you off almost outside the door. Alight at Paseo Majorca 38. It now costs 3 euros We were greeted with warm welcome by David. He talked us through the points we needed to know and offered me a hairdryer if I wanted. The hotel is modern and bright without feeling cold and too trendy. The room was a decent size with good views. We both thought the bed was extremely comfortable and large. I asked for anothe pillow and extra coat hangers no problem. Our room was well cleaned and there was ample towels plus toiletries. The free safe was a bonus and very useful. There was a good choice for breakfast each morning. The staff at breakfast were very efficient and maintained the buffet well. There was cereals, meats, cheeses, bacon,eggs. breads, pastries,fresh fruits,yoghurts etc. The coffe machine was great as it used freshly ground coffee and there were teabags as well. I couldn't find fault other than I ate too much.

I agree with the other reviewer about noise in corridors from other guests. Meaning those who are inconsiderate. No matter where I travel I always take ear-plugs with me.

We found the hotel handy for everything we wanted to do.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone although perhaps not families as I think it is more suited to adults.

We shall be staying in the Palladium on our next visit to Palma.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Thought it was a decent hotel until the last day We left our bags as we had an evening flight Came back to be told we had cracked glass on a table and we had to pay €120 They had us over a barrel, no pay, no bags Make sure you take photos before you leave the room and don't leave your bags Really soured an otherwise good stay as the staff were nice, breakfast good, area good for shops and places to eat

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank El_Scallipo
Hotel_Palladium, Gerente at Hotel Palladium, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Unlike many other hotels in other countries (including UK), we do not retain a deposit upon check-in on our guest’s credit card for possible damages. This is our general policy, established as a gesture of goodwill towards our customers, and we expect our guests to report any unexpected event that might have caused an involuntary harm to our facilities. In your specific case, when you first entered the room, the table’s glass was in perfect condition, and when the chambermaid entered to clean after your departure, it was broken (as shows the photo). We also checked the log of your room’s lock, to make sure there hadn’t been any mistake, and effectively the last key used to enter your room before the chambermaid’s was yours. We are very sorry that you had to go through an uncomfortable situation in the end, but it is only in the interest of maintaining our establishment in good condition, that we had to charge for the replacement of the glass (official glazier’s invoice will be happily provided if requested – please email me at celina@hotelpalladium.com).

I do hope that you were still able to enjoy your visit to Palma and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Palladium.

Best regards,
Celina Servera
GM
Derby England
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is so easy to reach from the airport. Just hop on a number 1 bus (very frequent) and get off at 'Passeig de Mallorca' and you are outside! (The buses display the stops electronically). Cost 2.50 euros

The reception staff are really helpful. By the time I arrived I realised I would need to stay an extra 3 days & they juggled bookings for me (I had to stay the last night in a different room & they were very apologetic but I was just grateful they could accomodate me).
The rooms are clean, white & minimalistic. Those at the back look out over quirky Mallorcan dwellings. Those at the front have side views of the harbour or mountains.

The hotel is on a lovely 'passeig' with a river (or riverbed!) in the centre. It's very handy for the old town and the coastline.

Breakfast is a bit heavy on the 'cake' side & light on fruit but worth the money (and with some deals it is in with the room price)
P.S. A lot of reviewers mention the lack of hairdryers...you only have to ask!
Would stay again & would not bother looking elsewhere (although I did have to ask the receptionist to turn the corridor muzak down a couple of times as I could hear it in my room...but he did it immediately)

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kayteey
dors
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Have just spent four nights here. The bedrooms are of a reasonable size, large tv, a bit basic in extras (no hairdryer etc.) the free safe in the room was a welcome bonus though. The rooms at the rear of the hotel, the bathrooms are quite small (no bath), but all very clean.
Breakfast was fine, good choice, (although it would be nice to see a variation some mornings!)
Voices do tend to echo in the corridors, which can wake you up at night, if you are a light sleeper!
All in all, would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple