First of all the good bits...
Great location on the marina, yes it's a 10-15 minute walk into the centre but the walk is littered with great bars and restaurants... Shamrock and Hogans within 2 minutes which are typical Tourist bars... Another 2 Mins and you have Hard Rock Cafe... In between these you have any amount of choice to eat or drink, most of which are traditional and very nice Spanish owned and ran stop offs..
Good Tapas next to the shamrock and apologies, I can't recall the names of any but I don't think you can go wrong.. 6 nights, 6 really nice meals..
Pool area fine, a little small and by 11am most sun lounges were taken, you didn't mind as unlike other places... There were people actually sat on them..
Room was fine, great sea view but was a 20 euro per night upgrade.. We only did this as on check in (early at 11am) the room wasn't ready and we didn't want to have to leave bags, go out... Come back etc to check in..
Speaking of checking in... Painful... After a ten minute wait it was our turn.. The guy on reception was ok but he had to manually key in all details such as name, address, date of birth etc... Why? I travel all round the world and never stand there while they do all of this...
Be warned reference the sea view... This was our second stay at the hotel as we like a pool when away and this is one of only a handful in Palma that have one... Best price basically out of the bunch... Paid around 460 for 6 nights which we got with breakfast... Shop around as other companies were wanting 600 plus and they were comparison websites..
Checkout... Another wait... Systems down... All they can tell me is that I owe 166 euros... I acknowledged that 120 was room upgrade. Refused to pay the extra until I could be told what it was for.. No chance, card already charged and a copy of the receipt waiting for me..
It turns out it was for bottles of water, we drank 12 small bottles as on check in we were told sea view upgrade came with two bottles of complimentary water per day. I asked for a copy of the invoice to be e mailed which it was.. It showed 12 bottles of water at 2 euro each, 22 euros? So why was my bill not 148? The shop next door sells large bottles for 1 euro so why would I drink the hotels?
E mailed hotel twice with my bill query but no response. Bet they wish they had just charged me 4000 euros just for a laugh.. You just can't get in touch with them so shutting your systems down, charging everyone 20 euro extra is quite a money spinner..
It's a shame as great hotel, great location, great city just be warned reference the check in and out plus the extras that may be charged..
Ooo and great breakfast...
Get the service right, first class..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TRYP Palma Bellver is located in the heart of the Paseo Maritimo seafront promenade and overlooks the Bay of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location in the heart of the city, its personalised service, and its excellent facilities make it the ideal choice for your stay in Mallorca. Near the hotel guests can visit the city's main attractions, such as the Cathedral, the Es Baluard museum of contemporary art, the historic Bellver Castle, as well as the city's main entertainment areas. TRYP Palma Bellver offers you the chance to discover the city's daytime and evening activities thanks to a location opposite the marina and just a few minutes walk from the trendy bars and restaurants and the major shopping areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Bellver Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Tryp Palma De Mallorca
- Tryp Hotel Bellver
- TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel Palma De Mallorca, Majorca