2,620 results
All reviews sea view old town pool area busy road reception staff premium room high floor short break lovely hotel paseo maritimo city break main road large balcony ideal location fantastic views excellent breakfast taxi rank
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We liked this hotel. It is very central to many good restaurants, the harbor and the old town. The staff was very friendly when we checked in. I didn't buy the breakfast but in retrospect wish I did. It looked great, and it was expensive eating breakfast off the property. The room was comfortable, however it had too much furniture so there wasn't enough space for 2 suitcases. We had a balcony that gave us a nice side view of the harbor. The bathroom was large but the shower was tiny. The pool area is very nice and large.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ignacio C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Palma Bellver Managed By Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Cazamdkim,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments; we believe it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.
We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in order to provide the best of our service to make your stay comfortable.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Used booking.com to book hotel but payment taken at the time by hotel rather than on arrival. However, when we arrived (having paid in full 3 months earlier), we were told that we needed to produce the credit card we used at the time. Our booking confirmation did not state this this was a requirement and I didn't have the card on me. The staff told me although payment had been received, they needed proof I hadn't stolen that credit card to pay for my trip!!! Yes. You read this correctly!! They accused me of theft with no evidence whatsoever. I was stunned.

They said they would refund my previous card and I would have to pay again using a new card. Major issue - increase in price for the trip of £100 due to exchange rate changes. In my experience as a travel agent and a seasoned traveller, I've never heard of a hotel being paid in advance, confirming payment had been made but then demanding proof of payment details.

In other to be permitted to stay in the hotel I had already paid for - I had to provide a photocopy of my passport, a current credit card, an email address and to sign a statement to say that if there were any issues with payment (although the hotel had been paid) that my new card could be charged. I was treated like a criminal. They even left notes under my hotel door asking for bank transfer payments despite having already paid for my accommodation.

Steer clear.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mooncatz,
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with a punctual service. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. I would like to explain you that the Hotel have a protocol that come from the Company for all the Hotels,to improve the security. is not our intention that our Guest feel bad, it's just protocol.
We take notes about your suggestions in order to ameliorate our service because improve all guest expectations is one of our goals and we work every day to get it.
We will appreciate if you may reconsider to give us another opportunity to welcome you.
Best Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We have been here 4 times in the last 6 years and the rooms are looking very tired. The air con is noisy, ineffective and smelly. The hot breakfast food is just greasy, cold and awful. The maid service is terrible and the WiFi is no better than the old dial up. That is if you can get on it. We won't be returning.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear MarkBarter100,

We are glad of having been chosen this time like always to stay again between us at TRYP Palma Bellver.
Sorry to hear that we have not lived up to your expectations this time.
We work hard every day to improve our service and satisfy our customers.
The whole team wants to give us another chance to Show her our improvements.

We all desire sharing more Own the City secrets with you.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Let me first start with the complimentary voucher. At the check-in, I requests for the free 10€ voucher/day as promised by the booking. The receptionist didn't know anything about that and I asked me to send the confirmation email to him to confirm, that was arranged but it's a bit annoying that they didn't prepare upfront.

We requested a twin room, and 1 of our bed shakes every time I lie on, so we called the room service. Someone came to fix the bed, it was the same after all. That guy didn't speak any English word, so we didn't know how to communicate. After all, the bed was still shaking every time I move.

The airco ran very noisy and it was set to around 15 degrees. If we want to set the temperature higher, it just stopped the whole airco system. We had no choice but use the airco with that setup.

Free internet service was also extremely slow.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear tvtrieu,
Thank very much for your comments .We take into account your suggestions in order to improve our service. Tripadvisor is a very useful tool not only for travelers but also for us, we can detect the areas in which we have to focus our effort to improve our services.
All TRYP Palma Bellver team want apologize for the inconvenience caused
We would be glad to have the opportunity to receive you once again in our Hotel and change your last impression.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Perfect view from the top ensuite room, the park along the harbour, lovely buffet breakfast. Not so sure about buffet dinner but there are many pubs and restaurants around, and theatre and take away foods. Walking distance to museum and cathedral and outdoor market. Rented the car one day for different places through the mountain. Weather was cold and windy in April but sunshine through so it was great for sightseeing.

Highly Recommend

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Hue L,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your experience in the TRYP Palma Bellver.
Your words are fundamentals to know where we need to improve and achieve excellence.
Day by day we are introducing innovations in our facilities, services and our Own The City program. Do not miss out!