“Playing with the title "design hotel"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Puro Hotel

Puro Hotel
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Barcelona, Spain
“Playing with the title "design hotel"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Very stylish hotel, everything in white, design furniture, lounge roof terrace, club, patio... Friendly helpful stuff. But in some details you can notice thats it's not that "cool". As everything is minimalist design and corridors are semi open to the different patios and terraces you can listen to every guest walking, chatting and coming home. When it rains water can enter the corridors and walking on the white painted floor can be quite slippery. Rooms are nice with a huge bed, bathroom with everything you need. Rain shower in the bathtube but no handle to grap to get in or out or to hold on when you slip away. Don't rent a car via the hotel, they ask for min 75 eur a day, you can get a car for less than the half per day renting it at any rental car service. The spa is across the street. Nice neighbourhood and 5 min walking distance to the cathedral. I think it's a bit to expensive for what it is. But design...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cosimania

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Antwerp Province, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

After seeing a lot of good comments on the Internet, I booked a junior suite in the Puro Hotel during my business trip to Mallorca. The staff was very friendly, and I was impressed when I saw my room. It was quite big, clean and I loved the bathroom! The first two nights I slept good, because I was still tired from the trip, but the 3rd night, a Friday night, was terrible. The windows are very thin and there was a lot of noise caused by the (party-) people in the street, all night long. Other comments I want to share with the hotel staff are: I missed some details in the bathroom like vanity kit, shoe shine and a shower cap. Also the toilet flush is very annoying to use, due to a water saving system you have to push like 20 times before it works.
Conclusion: I had a nice stay, (very!) friendly staff but some details need a bit more attention

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Miss-Bikini90
PuroHotel, Director General at Puro Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you experienced the Puro concept.
We are sorry to read the inconvenient you had with the noise from the street.
We took note about what you have mentioned regarding the amenities for the room. We do our best to keep the standards up.
Thank you for your feedback regarding our staff , it motivates our staff to keep working very hard and making our guests’ stay as pleasant as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you again to Puro Hotel.
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We love Palma and we stayed for the second time this year at the Puro hotel. First of all the staff are absolutely brilliant. They remembered us, upgraded up and even put our bags in our rooms as we had checked in too early and had gone for a wander. Talk about customer service! It's really well located too - a hop, skip and a jump from the wonderful shops and city centre.

Each room has a huge television, giant bathroom and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I love the fact that they also have a link which connects up your i-pod to the in-room speakers. Almost like having your own sound system in your room.

The food in the restaurant is to die for. At dinner one night I had the scallop ceviche. Divine... To end off the night the bar has the best cocktails ever, plus a superb DJ who span some absolutely brilliant tunes until the early hours. The atmosphere was electric. The breakfast selection is also superb. It caters for all and I have to confess I did eat almost everything on offer... but it was just so delicious!

I honestly cannot recommend this hotel enough and we are already planning on going back in the spring!!!!!

Thank you Puro for making our trip so outstanding.

Room Tip: The duplex rooms have a bathroom upstairs so it really feels like you're in an apartment. Also...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angela A
Dear Angela,
We would like to send you our warmest appreciations for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Puro Hotel. We are so glad to hear that the food, the efforts and dedication of our staff made such a positive impact on your vacation.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Receive our warmest regards,
grindleford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

So glad we booked here!! After reading lots of reviews, especially ones about cleanliness, my husband was not too thrilled at staying at Puro Hotel - how wrong we could have been!!! We travel a lot and i never write a review but I felt I should share our fabulous experience. OK the hotel may be looking a little 'tired' but with the pure white floors and walls, dark wood work tops and black sinks I think the hotel was actually kept spotlessly clean! We wanted a stress free few days enjoying Palma with leisurely walks, meals and the odd Aperol spritzer - and that was exactly what we got. The lovely bars and shops were just on the doorstep, the marina and cathedral just moments away and the private shuttle taking us to Puro Beach was all just faultless. Our room was on the 4th floor if the main building in room 44 where we had perfect wifi and didnt find it noisy there was also quick access to the roof terrace which is fabulous for a sunset drink (look for the 'other' private rooftop bed with the glass around - it doesnt look as if it belongs to Puro but does!) Every member of staff we came across was exceptionally friendly and efficient and when we enquiried about boat charter they did all the legwork for us. My husband and I consider we have high standards and so I would honestly say don't spend hours researching places to stay in Palma as this ticks all the boxes for a perfect romantic stay. We will definitely return!!

1 Thank alexbaldwin
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Puro Hotel.
We are glad to know you have enjoyed our friendly service and that you took advantage of our location to discover our city.
Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.
Wishing you all the best,
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I arrived at Puro on a Saturday evening, we were told we were staying in the private wing, as the main building was full. We were given a lovely room on the 1st floor, this is when the problems began.

The room had no internet, I was trying to download a playlist for the marathon the following day. I went back to reception and they explained the internet didn't work in that room. They then moved us to the room above. The internet worked and all was good.

The following morning before the Marathon they had put a breakfast out for me, I sat and ate my breakfast while other runners arrived and hadn't ordered and early breakfast this then led to the waiter shouting at people to leave the food alone until 8am when the breakfast started. I was shocked and could not understand why they would not let these people eat.

After the marathon I returned to my room and tried to watch a film, the service wasn't working. I called reception and they sent an engineer who advised us the equipment was bad and they had replaced it in the main hotel. He played about, told us he had fixed it, and left. It became very apparent he had done nothing.

I complained again and we were moved to the main hotel and finally everything was working. to re cap that is three room in three days.

I was extremely disappointed by this hotel, the staff work very hard, but the hotel is in dire need of attention as it is currently in a poor condition.

I would not go back to this hotel until it had been refurbed.

2 Thank Andyinvisible
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at Puro the first time some 10 years ago & remember being absolutely blown away by the hotel. Sadly this time around, and me perhaps a bit older and wiser it wasn't quite as amazing as I remembered.
Arriving quite late on night 1 of 3 we were shown to a lovely room in the "private wing" (Puro Flow room). Unfortunately, upon trying to check into the wifi (necessary for my husband's work) we were unable to. A call to reception was followed by the offer to move us to a new room in the same wing, which we did. All fine, no probs with wifi and the beautiful wing seemingly all to ourselves.
The following morning my husband was running the marathon. Fortunately we'd realised when checking in that breakfast normally started too late for him to eat before the race, and again, once highlighted to the staff they arranged an early breakfast. Sadly those that hadn't realised were in for a bit of a rough ride from the dining room team when they tried on the spot to get breakfast - with a member of staff shouting at one couple in front of us.
Marathon finished we came home after lunch to doze in front of a film... except our in-room entertainment system wasn't working. A quick call to reception resulted in a technician promptly arriving to fix the problem. Only, as he explained, he couldn't fix the problem as actually this wing of the hotel was awaiting a technical upgrade... Husband called reception who promised to fix it whilst we were out. We got home from a night on the tiles and didn't test it, but the following morning feeling slightly worse for wear we tried it... and no luck...Another discussion with reception and another room move. This time we were moved (?upgraded) to a room in the main hotel, where (finally) everything worked beautifully for our last night in the hotel.
There is no denying the hotel is beautiful, with incredible architecture and fabulous lighting at night, but friends visiting summed it up perfectly when they commented that it looked like a hotel at the end of a hard season... and that was where it fell down. At the prices you pay, you don't expect rotten day bed canopies, lifts that are scuffed and marked, to have to move rooms 3 times in 3 days to get the full package of facilities offered, rotten wood in hall ways or marked walls.... You also expect to have (good) tea & coffee in the rooms, breakfast to order in the mornings and proper coffee not a dreadful coffee machine for breakfast service.
As I said, the redeeming feature of a hotel that feels more like it is on it's way down than up, was the staff who were always polite, helpful and prepared to go beyond the call of duty.

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Puro is a small trendy hotel in the middle of Palma old town, down some cobbled street. So there are no views from the windows and can be a little noisy if room is on a lower floor. Once you've got your head around that, then you can start to have a good time. So location lacks scenery, but makes up for being super central for many bars, restaurants, the harbour, shops and sights. There is a rooftop terrace which we didn't use as we took the complimentary car shuttle service to Puro Beach a 10 minute drive away and spent the days there. There is also an open air lobby area. On checking in we were upgraded to an amazing suite - I think it was the best room in the hotel. Like a massive penthouse flat on the top floor with huge bathroom and a TV on the wall bigger than I have ever seen. Super comfortable bed, and really stylish designer furniture. Breakfast was good too, a simple buffet, excellent self-serve coffee and all very chilled. We ate in the restaurant one night and although menu was small, the food was fresh, delicious and good value and a nice change from "tourist tapas". The staff looked too cool to care, but were actually very helpful and charming. The driver to Puro Beach was a really nice guy and seriously skilled driver reversing down the narrowest of cobbled lanes. Would thoroughly recommend for a short stay in Palma, not really for kids though or the older generation.

Room Tip: ask for a room on one of the top floors - will be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Puro Hotel and Opio restaurant, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback as it is important for us to know what our guest appreciate.
We are happy to know you have enjoyed our friendly service and that you took advantage of our location to discover our city.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Kind regards,