“Great Paella, great staff”
Review of Ca'n Manolo

Ca'n Manolo
Ranked #49 of 2,387 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We found this restaurant because of an online review, lauding its Paella, and decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed, it was a fantastic experience, and my gf and me still talk about it. have been spoilt for other Paella. Here's some of the good things:
1. Supernice staff. We're German, and speak some English, but not much Spanish, and the staff happily accomodated in all three- some waiters knew English, some German, and everybody really concerned to recommend us a good wine to go with the Paella, introduce some other dishes, asked if we were having a nice time etc.- all without being too obtrusive, you just caught this jolly vibe.
2. Best. Paella. Ever. We shared a Paella between the two of us, not a chance to polish off more than two thirds, and we really tried- it was delicious. The pan was also not just plunked down, but they'd bring it to the table, mix it, portion it out on the plates, and then immediately cover it with additional plates to keep it warm, watching with hawk's eyes if we were ready for more. Also fantastic desert, we had hashed chestnuts with some type of thick cream, lovely flavours.
3. Not touristy at all, no loudness/ carrying on, locals/ residents eat here, it's a bit upscale, so none of the annoyance of some center places. Just the place for a nice romantic dinner, and as said super-attentive staff.

All in all, would recommend 100%, especially for some nice romantic dinner.

1  Thank ZeUKGerman

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went to this restaurant on a weekday evening. The waiters were very welcoming and extremely friendly right from the start. Our waiter was helpful, humourous and the service was just perfect. We were very well advised and they even offered us a free drink at the end of the meal.
There were mainly locals there, so the place was not crowded with tourists, which in general bodes well. All in all this is an excellent, reasonably-priced, classy restaurant. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

sorry but I cant rate it .What I can tell you is that I have sent them 3 e mails asking for a table reservation through 3 sources (including trip advisor ) and not once received the courtesy of a reply

4  Thank patbrownett
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was there with a group of people - celebrating business. I am normally not a big fan of seafood, but this restaurant managed to change my habits. I loved the starters (we had several), and also the paellas - that are actually my local friends call 'rices' and not paellas. Nice portions, really helpful waiters, who are proud of what and how they do.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The service was excellent and very friendly. The food was top class and the waiting staff helpful. I wanted a paella without peppers and this was provided without any fuss at all and was superb. A wonderful and fun experience.