“Evelyn was great and so was the Sangria”
Review of El Foque - CLOSED

El Foque
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Navegue por nuestra pagina, para conocer mas de cerca nuestro restaurante. Le invitamos a dar un paseo virtual por nuestras instalaciones, para que conozca nuestra gran oferta de platos. En nuestra gran terraza, podra disfrutar, relajadamente, de una copa con agradables vistas. Informamos a nuestros clientes que durante el periodo de verano, estamos cerrados el lunes todo el dia y martes mediodia. Un saludo.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

most affordable meal all week and everyone enjoyed their meals. The were great & homemade sangria was a hit. Evelyn was the best- friendliest service on the island. Worth the short drive from the city center.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A friendly reception, calm and familiar atmosphere on the crazy beach of Arenal. Had the recommended fish of the day with a salad and leche fritta as desert. The food was excellent, the service friendly and attentive. The price was adequate and so I can only recommend the restaurant. Will go there again.

1  Thank aschmittgl
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just had dinner at the El Foque and was very pleased. The service was superb, and the food was very good. I thought I would try multiple meals to give a true valuation. The waitress/owner thought I was a little crazy, but worked with me.
The Arugula salad with tomatoes and mooz was plentiful. I would have described it as "Caprese" with arugula, but I really liked the fact that the tomatoes were red.
I then went for the fish of the day, which was a fillet of fish, served with chips/French fries. It was excellent. I had been having trouble finding a restaurant that serves a fillet, rather than the whole fish. I am not a liver of the head and tail being attached. It was very good.
I also tried the lamb chops. She did explain to me that by not ordering a full meal, I would not get a true valuation of the quality of the chops.
I got 4 chops, 2 of which were cutlets, and 2 of which were bits. All tasted okay, but would have preferred 4 cutlets.
After trying multiple restaurants in C'an Pastilla, I would certainly recommend this as being one to frequent. In addition, the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We've visited the restaurant a couple of times during our stay on cas pastilla two weeks ago. The tapas as well as the fresh made paella was just great !! Very friendly owner who did what ever was possible to serve us!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent Spanish food and great customer service. Good prices and deals. If you want to find a real Spanish food instead the classical burger, pasta or pizza that others restaurants around offer el foque is the place!!