2 people are viewing this hotel
US$236
Hotels.comUS$323
TravelocityUS$323
eDreamsUS$307
All reviews old town rooftop pool city break perfect hotel cathedral terrasse sauna mallorca stylish harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Usually, I am not a modernist - preferring older hotels, antique furniture, an old world style. But after staying at Hotel Tres, I can see that there might be other good options. Just maybe, in 2030, all hotels will be like Hotel Tres - sleek, modern, efficient. This is an expensive property with exceptional service, and many design elements that are not visible at first glance. Rooms are uber-efficient - a slim, high table sets over the bed and rolls to use as a desk, or can be moved back to the edge to pair with the cowhide bench. Stark, bright white furnishings reflect Scandinavian design, and sheer white curtains separate room areas. Double sinks complement the bathroom and thick white towels, down pillows and a light down comforter add to the aura of luxury. When we wanted to rent a car for the day, they did not direct us to an agency - rather, they brought an agent to the hotel with the car and paperwork. And, did I mention their mojitos were the best in town? Sven, the manager knows who and how to hire, and the staff were exceptional. Location could not be better.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A beautiful Hotel in a ideal location . Very attentive staff, and rooms were of a very high standard , breakfast had a wide selection which catered for all needs. The roof top terrace is fantastic with views of the Cathedral.

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this super modern hotel for only a few nights. The check in was without problem but the room was pokey to be kind. Strange that they seem ok with such small rooms in Europe. It was right in the center but the noise is a problem. As soon as we closed the windows of course it is much better, but I hate my bedroom being stuffy so had to go with earplugs and an open window. My husband cannot sleep with earplugs so he was woken on a few occasions and had to come back for Siestas to catch up on his beauty sleep. Sorry to be so mean with my mark but we expected more.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maxine W
Svenn R, General Manager at Hotel Tres by Petit Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Maxine W

It makes me very sad to learn about your bad experience in our Hotel Tres. We encourage our guests to the read the information about the hotel both on our own web page and third party sites to find the room-category and room size adequate to suit their needs. We have both small single rooms and large suites, and everything in between.
For sound sensitive guests we have areas of the hotel not facing the street, and which can be requested. However, one should always remember that Hotel Tres is located smack in the middle of the old town in Palma with sound corresponding to that.
Please contact me directly in case you want to come back, and I will make sure that you get a bigger and quieter room.
All the best, Svenn Rudow
svenn.rudow@hoteltres.com

Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a lovely boutique hotel with chic decor yet it exudes charms and functionality. The hotel staff from the front desk personnel to every server were friendly, kind and helpful. The location is absolutely convenient to all local attractions, restaurants, shops, yet the hotel is tucked away in a small street. Right outside the hotel are many big popular restaurants, and Abaco Bar is just 2 minutes away, yet inside the hotel I could not hear a thing! Hotel rates includes breakfast buffet with many selections to choose from. Serving staff is wonderful as well as respectful. I had dinner there twice and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of tapas dish and goat cheese salad as they were both very good. The salad is very fresh. The portion for each dish is big, but nothing is more than 12€. The tapas variety dish is definitely big enough for 2 people, And it only costs 12€! Although the bar and dining room looks empty, but you should try to eat there at least once. The food price is much more reasonable compared to other restaurants outside where they are mostly touristy and the service is not better to that of Hotel Tres. I met a very nice couple from Scottland who has vacationed at this hotel every year for 10 years!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've been staying here for quite a few years now and never have I been anything but delighted. Dimas, Javier and all in reception over the years are so welcoming and helpful. The rooms are all modern, clean and well designed. Bathrooms with great shower and linen of top quality. Strong wifi connection, and free. Good breakfasts and for the first time I had a lunch here before my flight. It was a tapas variadas. Delicious and plentiful. Excellent location in centre of old town and only 20 minutes from airport. Definitely feels like a home from home.

Date of stay: May 2014