“Mixed.. I wouldn't go back!”

UR Mision de San Miguel
Ranked #46 of 74 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Beaumaris, United Kingdom
“Mixed.. I wouldn't go back!”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Looking at the web site I thought I would be fine. On arrival as I approached the hotel down urine smelling streets the alarm bell began to ring! Being an intrepid traveller I decide to press on and first impressions were of a busy restaurant and a nice hotel so I did not let it put my off. The receptionist said I was in room 007' just like Mr Bond! It bode well as I headed off to my spy retreat looking forward to a room with a view of the courtyard or across Palma skyline. Instead I descended down stairs into the lair which turned out to be more like something out of a prisoners cell, perhaps Mr Bond locked up his villains in here. There was nothing sexy or imaginative it was a cold sterile room, with no view other than of a mediocre road with little day light. The TV did not work, the air con only varies between 21 and 23 degrees and it's functional at best, a prisoners cell if your bring unkind. I gave the restaurant a go and bring a sole traveller they served drinks, main course and pudding in less than 30 minutes giving me the impression they want me to leave, the most rushed meal in my life!

Wireless does not work in my 007 lare and with no TV I ventured out past a tramp in the stairwell outside the hotel.

would I go again, no! Well not unless I very specifically requested firm confirmation of my room. I am sure some are nice and it was not expensive so if you are a young couple, looking for a half decent place then it might be worth trying but I checked out other places and next time ould try a number of others over this including hotel tres which was fully booked when I ended up here. fish food or not, I found having to pay for dinner and not bring allowed to add it to the bill rather annoying too! This place needs to up its game if it is to do well.. I would only recommend for young couples or people not wanting to be seen!

Room Tip: Only one overlooking courtyard avoid rooms 007 to 009 like the plague, Mrs Moneypennybwouldnt be imp...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Welshtraveller01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

Just 1 minute away from buzzling C/. San Miguel in central Palma you find this gem. Plaza España with train station and airport bus is just around the corner. We stayed in a spacious superior room looking out over the hotel patio through French windows. Friendly staff. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CJAlmeby
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Nice hotel, great location. Staff helpful and polite. We had second floor room facing courtyard and it was very quiet and no disturbances at all. Beds very comfortable. Bathroom a bit small but does job. Had breakfast one morning, nothing special and not good value so gave it a miss for balance of stay - plus eating so late at night did not need breakfast until later. Easy access to the old city streets. Overall = fair value for money.

Room Tip: Take room on 2nd or 3rd floor facing courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank achatter53
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The room was excellent and the staff was friendly. It is in a very convenient location, even if the alley from the hotel entrance to a main shopping street looks a bit rundown. As soon as you step into the wonderful courtyard, you'll forget about that. It was a great place to relax and have a drink after a long day of walking and sight seeing.

I am sure there are better (and more expensive) hotels in Palma, but the value for money is excellent and it has a great atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank iskalex
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

we stayed at the Mision half board for 4 days and had a wonderfull stay. every member of staff was delightful and very helpful and our room was right up to our expectations. We dined in the Mark Fosh restaurant every night and the food was first class, then during the day we found one of the many authetic tapas bars close to the hotel.we have recommended the Mision already to many of our friends who will hopefully be as impressed as we were, thanks UR EXCELLENT, Bill/Jeannie Ryan UK.

Room Tip: basement rooms would not really interest me and the room we stayed in had a good street view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billjean540
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel in April and found it suited a short city break close to the central bus station. We wanted somewhere we could travel easily to and from the bus station as we wanted to travel on express buses to other parts of the island.

We were upgraded to a suite which was very tastefully decorated with a view over the central courtyard. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel. The bar area looked fine but the tables were right next to reception and not really suitable for a private or romantic dining experience.

Whereas the location was ideal for us as a couple, between the bus station and old town, the 2 access roads were backstreets and I would have felt a little uncomfortable if I had been a lone female traveller.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
wales
Reviewed 19 April 2012

After a disasterous nights stay in Can Picafort my daughter in Uk found and booked a nights stay of comfort back in the heart of the lovely city of Palma. Ur Mision de San Miguel took some finding but what a lovely suprise. Its moderm interior has an old exterior full of character and although its really tucked away its literally within seconds off all ameneties, shops transport and sights. Our four day break in majorca to celebrate my sisters 50th birthday was made all the better for this little gem of an hotel although a tad overpriced, I say this because our woderful 1st night in Palma was spent in The Hotel Born for £30 less than the Mision and we had a glorious champagne breakfast included. However we were greeted so warmly by reception staff and shown to our room 111 which is on 1st floor overlooking quaint courtyard it softened the blow. It is very comfortable. stylish and restful with big fluffy bathrobes. I agree with other reviewers and did not like not having english news/CNN news reports on TV. We did not book breakfast due to the price of room but did have a wonderful michellin star quality lunch for 17 euros in the courtyard which was amazing and quite a treat. I would definately recommend total experience here and will return in the future but maybe if a better deal could be had on price.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking courtyard
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family