“Great food and service”

Boutique Hotel Can Alomar
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

So tonight my wife and two great friends had a wonderful dinner at the hotels restaurant De Tokio a Lima. From the starters to the dessert the food was brilliant as was the service and attention by the staff; we have had a wonderful dinner. We will definitely be returning again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 August 2014

perfect location, brand new, excellent service, very friendly and professional, the hotel is very "design" yet cosy and comfortable, rooms are beautiful and functional (room n. 5 has a huge bathroom and overlooks an interior patio, lovely and very quiet!). Lovely breakfast on the terrace.

Room Tip: Room n.5 is huge and overlooks an interior patio, so it is very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie747474
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Both my wife and I had a great time at this lovely hotel, we had the pleasure of staying this August 2014, Carlos the manager was very welcoming as we arrived and showed us around. The plunge pool and roof terrace are brilliant ideas and used frequently by us, all the staff are great professionals and very helpful and friendly, Palma is a very underrated city to stay and this hotel is in the best possible location to explore this enchanting area,
Grant Braiden august 2014

Room Tip: all rooms are good
1  Thank Grant B
Reviewed 26 August 2014

When I booked this hotel I thought the web pages looked great, when I arrived at the hotel they certainly lived up to my expectation. I was upgraded to room No. 6 (absolutely tranquil and a very private seating area. I actually organise meetings and events and I am luck enough to stay in some super hotels and I tried really hard to find a fault with this place - the only criticism I had was that there was no drain hole in the soap dish and so the soap had to sit in some water. Well that was the only thing that I could fault! Brilliant food, superb room and fantastic staff - overall a super experience.

Room Tip: Room 6 has access to the small courtyard plus a private seating area.
1  Thank Briard02
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a beautiful five star hotel. The decor is tasteful and of high quality. The beds are incredibly comfortable, our room (4) had a very spacious lounge bedroom/lounge area and a huge bathroom. It was very quiet as it was positioned at the side of the hotel. As we like to explore, we did not use the restaurant but had room service for drinks, which was fine although having stayed in similar 5 star establishments in New York/Venice/Barcelona, where room service and tea/coffee and soft drinks were free it seemed a little unreasonable to be charged. Maybe a Nespresso machine in the room would be nice? All in all a perfect base, in a safe part of town (I travelled with my 18 year old daughter), within easy walking distance of the Cathedral, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 4, second floor positioned at the side was perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice but not what I call luxury. Charming old building in central Palma with nice sitting area downstairs and new and stylish. The room I had was not that great though and did not match up with the grandeur of the public spaces. Also pretty noisy especially at the weekend. Fri./Sat. night was noisy outside which you could hear in the room and it went on well into the early hours. Staff were friendly and professional and the room was cleaned daily. Tried the in-house restaurant but found it overpriced for the size of the dishes and also too experimental for it's own good. Should stick to one theme and do it well in my opinion. Enjoyed the location for exploring Palma but would probably try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alisonw489
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have just came back from a 4 Days stay in can alomar, and my conclusion is that neither my girlfriend or I wanted to fly back home :)
the hotel is ideally located downtown, 200m from the cathedrale, right between the restaurant area and the shopping area... its design is elegant and sober with a nice and warm earthy palett of color (beige, bronze, Cobalt green). the hotel team is simply excellent, helpful, friendly but discrete exactly what you expect from a boutique hotel (I could notice, that they could answer to the guests in Spanish, German, Swedish, Danish, French, Russian...at least which is pretty impressive for a hotel with only 16 rooms). I could also notice that every guest(s) got a visit/round of the premises to get familiar with the hotel which is pretty nice and help you to quickly feel "at home"...
I wasn´t expected to get such a large room, and we were also please by the double bathroom (shower + bathtube)... the AC works perfectly, and it took only 6mn chrono to get our veuve cliquot bottle from the room service, which is Always a good taste of an hotel efficiency...
the bed and its sheets are of excellent quality and I almost angry against myself that I forgot to ask their provider as I would gladly buy the same at home.
the rooftop terrassa is extremely pleasant, and the swimming-pool was indeed bigger that my expectation from the designer/architecte Picture... I really enjoy their sunbed, but I can understand that some guest got confused about how to lie there when you want to tan your back ;) on second day, I asked if their therapist/masseur would be available, and we could our time exactly at our convinience... we decided to get the massage on the observation Tower, and it was an extremely pleasant experience.
we tried the restaurant at 2 occasions, for the lunch, and it was with (can boqueta in Soller, and il paradiso in illietas) our best experience on Mallorca. the fusion theme was well balanced, with disctinct flavors and excellent executions... their sashimi of scallops was really excellent, with a tasty and tender scallops with a great duo of seasoning/sauces... I would also recommend the Almond Cream with the lobster tartare which had an excellent sweet-creamy balance.
they have a good choice of wine, with a good and fair price scale that gives space for any constrainted budget... and again, as the other teams, the restaurant team was professional and friendly with a Quick memory, so from one day to the next, they already remembered your preferences...
the service was also as smooth when it came to booking other restaurants for the dinners, and Sofia, their Danish/Swedish collaborator, was of great help.
so the all experience was really pleasant and the best way to finish our Mallorcan holidays... the only negative Point was the sound/noise issue created by a building default on the room windows as the metal appeared to have been bended by the warm weather (the hotel opened in May) and let some air, and therefore sounds into the room... but this is no something that could be solved by their team on spot... so it may be an issue for light sleepesr, but my girlfriend sleeps like a baby, and I am not a big sleeper so i wasn´t a major issue...
in addition, the quality and the intimacy of the hotel attracted cosmopolite guests, that gave us the opportunity to have pleasant conversations with the majority of them, which also add to the global expereince.
so I warmly recommend this hotel, and I thank all its teams again for a great time there...

4  Thank richard_D07