“Missing my husband!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Erlangen, Germany
“Missing my husband!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is not a hotel for solos! It is very romantic, and picturesque. I was the only single guest, but the staff took good care of me.

Maia helped me with city ideas, borrowing one of the hotel bikes (20€), and making sure I was taken care of. She, and most of the staff, speak Spanish, Mallorcan Spanish, English, German, and more...amazing

My room 204 was straight out of a magazine. It had windows facing the hotel courtyard and the front road, but I heard no noise.

The rooftop plunge pool and sun deck was perfect, but needs more shade. The 2 large umbrellas were often occupied, and to join the couples underneath would be weird. Maybe over in the roof area near the bathroom? I was able to squeeze into some shade provided by the roof. Food and drink can be sent up, too. Tray and old towel pick up should be done more frequently.

The breakfast is cooked to order, if you ask for the menu... Do this! Their offerings are more creative than just saying "eggs". They have dual pod coffee machines; if more Americans come, they might think about drip coffee, too.

THe honor bar is a nice touch. If you want a drink late at night, you can sign a book and take a cocktail, bottle, and mixers. (Please add an ice bucket, again for we Americans that like icey drinks)

I never got to use the spa facilities, but understand you can book the indoor spa pool in advance so it is private! Next time, for sure.

THe location is exactly what I was looking for---in old town, off of those winding, narrow streets. Plenty of bars and outdoor restaurants close by.

Tell your taxi to take you to Placa Quadrata. The hotel-provided directions stumped my driver. No, you are not staying at the youth hostel, which is also on the Placa. But, that is a good landmarks that most taxis and tours are familiar with.

Overall, this is the best hotel I have stayed at in quite a while ( see my other reviews). I plan to bring my husband back offseason.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Magdar1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Sotogrande, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is hidden away in the heart of historic Palma, a gem of a city in itself.

From check in the service was second to none, a warm welcome and everything explained, nothing was too much trouble.

The room was sensational, over two floors, and had every amenity you need but keeping the rustic charm of the property.

Cocktails delivered to the roof top pool was a highlight.

I would like to make a special mention of Ana and Oki, probably two of the best hotel staff I have met. Charming, helpful and simply wonderful. The hotel owners have really managed to get a fantastic work force.

I simply cannot wait to go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SotoPD
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Posada Terra Santa this past week and we had an amazing time. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the restaurant was amazing. We would stay here again in a heartbeat and we highly recommend it to all who are planning on staying in Palma.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Eymanalc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

... because if people find out how good and well-run this little pearl is, we will get trouble getting a room there next time around. The hotel is brand new which also is reflected in the interior and the rooms; fresh design, functional rooms, enough space for most, air condition that does not kill you and I could go on and on... It is pretty much all you need and more, and of course at a very central location.

But the real reason why this hotel deserves top score is not the look and feel, it is down to the fantastic staff and level of service they provide. No question goes unanswered, no task is too much and they always do it with a big smile. And talking of big smiles - the biggest smile of them all belongs to the lovely Daisy who runs the reception for most of the time. She really makes you feel at home from day one. Other members of staff is also really fun to be around and helpful (Anna, Thomas etc.).

If you are looking for a personal, small and well-run hotel in Palma, this should be your first choice.

Mr Arli

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 007AWA
Tomás L, Director General at Posada Terra Santa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear 007AWA,

Thank you so much for the time you took out of your day to share your satisfaction on your holiday experience in our home, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed staying with us, because that is always our main goal.

Rooms design was planned in order to achieve the sensation you are describing, so your review has been really heartwarming!

Thank you too for your nice comments about our staff, it is the best reason to keep ourselves motivated!

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Majorca and please do not hesitate contact us beforehand to organize every detail of your stay (manager@posadaterrasanta.com).

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Posada Terra Santa is a beautiful boutique hotel, situated a 10 minute walk (along lovely narrow streets) from the main Born area of Palma.

It’s only been open two months, however the staff are so professional you’d think it had been open for years.

On entering the property, the manager, Tomas Lopez, immediately came over, introduced himself, shook hands, and asked if we wanted a drink. Such personal service. He then showed us into the outdoor courtyard and sat beside us while he checked us in (no laptop, just him writing down a few notes, which, again, felt very personal).

The rooms are beautiful, as is the rustic interior throughout all of the hotel.

The rooftop area is stunning, with magical views over the nearby rooftops and churches. It has a small swimming pool. You can dial the bar from there and they will bring you drinks.

Breakfast is good. Buffet style, although they have an eggs menu, which they will prepare for you. You can have dinner here too, however we ate a few doors along at Quina Creu (wonderful).

Aside from the beautiful interior, it’s the staff that did it for me. They are so professional (and all so beautiful looking!), very friendly and helpful. I came out of the lift in the morning (on my way to breakfast) and one of them said to me “good morning Tony, happy birthday to you”. Amazing.

It’s a wonderful hotel. I didn’t want to leave.

Go.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Dear Tony R

Thank you very much again for choosing Posada during your stay in Palma and also for posting such a good comment about us.

Read your comment has been very satisfying because you have alluded to four of our basic pillars: personal service, comfort, gastronomy and design.

We truly hope to welcome you back soon!

Warmest regards from Palma.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My girlfriend and I loved everything about our stay: the decoration of the hotel, the style and tidiness of the rooms, the dedication of the staff. It is rare nowadays to find such hotels where people actually do their best to please the customers. And this actually works! I would recommend it to anyone visiting Palma de Mallorca.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear Lionel K,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your girlfriend for your comments, feedback is really important and well appreciated by all of our team in order to improve and continue doing our best.

Thanks for recommending us and also for pointing out our staff’s performance.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again in our hotel, receive my very best regards from Palma,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

New boutique hotel in historic Palma. This hotel lies on a quiet, small street and has some big-hotel amenities:

Small basement grotto (sauna and hot pool)
Delicious free breakfast (more than your usual hotel continental breakfast)
Small rooftop pool and deck area
Great service & friendly staff
the hotel restaurant itself is five-star and has delicious dishes that almost make you not want to go out and explore other food options
The rooms are unique, clean and very comfortable
Decor in the hotel and rooms maintains the bones of an old, Spanish hotel in Historic Palma and applies a modern-vintage feel

The stay was great. I have no complaints. On our first day we were meeting by the friendly staff and immediately allowed to enter our room.

This hotel is rather pricey but we were overall impressed with everything we received for the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends