All reviews rooftop bar beautiful hotel quiet square privilege room old town original features boutique hotel perfect place to relax internal courtyard junior suite the ground floor modern design small pool location is ideal narrow streets turn down service wonderful stay
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We booked this hotel for a 2 night stay as part of a longer holiday visiting different parts of the island and chose a Privilege room as it was more spacious and we wanted a balcony.

The room was lovely and had a lot of character but unfortunately no balcony. When booking through the hotel website it states most of these rooms have a balcony so I guess we were just unlucky. We still enjoyed the room but missed having an outdoor space. Our room was also close to reception on the ground floor (no.8) and we found it a bit noisy in the mornings.

The rooftop pool/bar area is fantastic and we spent some time here each day either just relaxing or having a drink at the end of the day. I found the service to be fine here and have no complaints.

Overall we would probably return due to rooftop area and location but would request room with balcony.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Miguel_G_Feliz, Director General at Sant Francesc Hotel Singular, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Grahamarm,
Greetings for Sant Francesc Hotel Singular!
Thank you for your very positive review following your recent stay with us.
We of course, will take note of your room preferences for future visits – I can assure you that we always work to meet and exceed our dear Guests ‘expectations.
Your lovely comments about the friendliness and professionalism of the team will be shared with them - Thank you!
Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I stayed here for 8 nights with my husband and overall, we enjoyed our stay but there were a few things we felt weren’t quite worth the 5 star rating.

Firstly, the location was excellent. Just on the outskirts of the main town which was easily accessible. The hotel was very quiet and the staff were exceptionally friendly.

Our room was fairly large and overlooked the square. The windowsill was dusty and wasn’t dusted for the duration of our stay. The bedroom itself did not have a mirror in, the only mirrors were in the bathroom which caused a logistical problem when trying to do hair/makeup. This would be easily remedied by placing a mirror in the bedroom, near a socket.

The rooftop bar was lovely, generally very quiet and relaxing with guests respecting the atmosphere. However, on several occasions, there were children in the pool, splashing and kicking around and spoiling the atmosphere. It was a small pool which was suited to guests cooling off rather than a pool for children. One child went in wearing a nappy, so not sure how hygienic that was!

Breakfast cost €20 per person and was the biggest disappointment. Every day, the eggs were served cold and we regularly had to request tea even though it was ordered when we took our seats. On one morning, there was no butter for the toast, we were told the beans had run out, and they ran out of tea cups so we had to have tea in an orange juice glass. Not what we expected for the price. There was plenty of choice, and other than cold eggs, the food was very nice, but not enough staff so the service suffered. The staff were very nice and always apologetic.

The check in/check out process was very efficient and reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall, a really nice stay with a few irritations that could be easily sorted.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsvernet

Dear mrsvernet
Greetings from Palma.
Thank you very much for reviewing us, following your recent stay at Sant Francesc Hotel Singular.
We really appreciate the precious time you took to share with us a very constructive feedback.
I would like to start with a THANK YOU. I´m very pleased to learn that your overall experience was positive – your lovely comments about our team (friendly and efficient) will be shared.
In the other hand I was sorry to learn about some service “glitches” that it seems you experienced – the main ones (i.e cleanliness of the windows in your room and breakfast service) have been addressed immediately. We have a wonderful team on board, always looking into the small details, always very proactive. On this occasion it seems we “drooped de ball” so please accept my most sincere apologies.
With regards to children/ nappies – we are a family-friendly hotel too, despite we don’t see many children in house. For this reason (I remember this case), I can say that the baby/ toddler you saw enjoying our pool was wearing “swim nappies”. We actually purchased them for the family, so I can 100% guarantee that these nappies were hygienic (and leak-proof) made by a very well-known brand).
And to finalise, please believe me when I say that we really take into account all your other comments - thank you for sharing with us your ideas too!
Mrsvernet, I really hope we can welcome you back in the near future. There is nothing more important for us than our Guests´ support.
Wishing you a great summer ahead,
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We had an amazing time during our 2-night stay at the Hotel. Everything was up to the hotel standards, from bed confort and size to the carefully picked decoration elements.
Staff is very helpful, careful without being too much, just what you'd expect from modern style 5 stars. The room is large and confy, the bathroom is above standards and very comforting. The rooftop is clearly is a bonus. Can't wait to be back later on this year.

Room Tip: I stayed in a lobby floor suite, they provide a superb patio perfectto chill during the long Majorcan evenings.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Miguel_G_Feliz, Director General at Sant Francesc Hotel Singular, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Valentin d,
Greetings from sunny Palma!
We, as a Team, can´t thank you enough for your lovely review and kind comments following your recent stay with us.
Very little to add from mi side – just make sure you come back so that we can look after you again!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in May on vacation. The hotel itself is beautiful and peaceful and in a wonderful location in Palma. We stayed in a Privilege room with a beautiful balcony. The room was a little small and while the balcony was very private and tranquil, it was extremely narrow with a tiny cafe table and chairs. It was pretty much impossible for two people to sit out there and enjoy a drink together. That being said, our room had two doors to the balcony, so we kept those open most of the time and it made the room feel much bigger. The concierge was very helpful securing bikes and a rental car, they were always happy to help. The rooftop bar is stunning but the service up there was totally lacking. One night it took over 30 minutes to get a drink. I understand the laid back vibe of Spain but the bar was totally understaffed and it made us not want to come back for another drink which was a bummer because the setting is beautiful. Overall we had a lovely stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Palma.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim H

Dear Kim H,
Greetings from Sant Francesc Hotel Singular.
I, genuinely, appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us – constructive feedback is always welcome.
I would like to start with a “thank you” – your lovely comments about the team, their warmth and their professionalism will be shared.
I´m of course, very sad to learn about your experience on our Rooftop Bar. I´m happy to report that this has been addressed and different actions have been taken – please accept my most sincere apologies if your stay was, somehow, affected by this incident. As you can imagine our Rooftop is one of our highlights, with a wonderful reputation, so your comments were taken into account inmediately.
Thank you again for recommending us and please come back soon! Do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your return to Mallorca. You will be well looked after.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We’ve been to Palma many times but never stayed in the city. We found the location of this hotel to be ideal. A wee bit out of the chaos but just on the edge so you could dip in and out. The proximity to a Cappuccino Grand Café was great – 100 metres away next to the amazing tree – nice food and a parade of buskers to entertain us.
Staff were fabulous again. Really enjoying Spain as the service standards seem to have improved inordinately since previous visits. Charming. The décor in the common areas is very cool and the bar was a great space. Breakfast was OK.
Only beef is the room. We picked the (quite expensive) tower room. I was aware it was a triplex but hadn’t figured out it is more of a duplex with two staircases – that is you needed to go up and down to the living room area. The bedroom was tiny (thus very unluxurious) with half the bathroom in it as there was only room for the loo and a small shower cubicle in the separate area. The star of the show is the roof terrace which is great. On arrival this was unusable as there had been rain and all the cushions were soaked – no matter it was too cool anyway. The next day the sun came out and we enjoyed an afternoon there – quite special but the only reason we can see for taking this room.

Room Tip: The tower suite is a little odd - tiny bedroom and living area with lots of stairs - but the private roof terrace is lovely. Pros and cons!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Miguel_G_Feliz, Director General at Sant Francesc Hotel Singular, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Fleetcat,
Greetings from Sant Francesc Hotel Singular.
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us – as written before, it´s important for us to understand our Guests´ needs and expectations.
I sincerely appreciate your very positive comments about our Team and the service you experienced during your short stay with us. They will be shared with my colleagues, thank you!
With regards to La Torre:
La Torre (60sqm) is a triplex accommodation with a light filled master bedroom that connects to a cosy sitting room. A very unique room and one of the few hotel rooms in Palma with a private terrace where you can enjoy a panoramic view (360º) over the city of Palma, overlooking not only the Mediterranean Sea and the Cathedral, but also the mountains (Serra Tramuntana). Sunrises and Sunsets from this terrace are truly spectacular.
I´m sure you would agree with the above and I hope you can believe me when I say that I understand your comments about the layout of this special space – We would completely agree, the star of the show is the outdoor space.
I´m really sad to learn that you didn’t enjoy this accommodation on this occasion (the rain doesn’t help for sure) but I sincerely hope you return to Sant Francesc – we have 41 more rooms that I´m sure you could enjoy – allow me to actually recommend for your next stay our “Sant Francesc Suite”. Do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will be delighted to assist you personally, making sure you have a fabulous stay.
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.