I just returned from a weekend at the UR Portofino and it was great. My room (the "superior double") was okay- very clean but basic, on the small side, with a nice view of the ocean. My travel partners had a triple, which was nice, and had a great balcony that wrapped around half of the hotel. We enjoyed the location in Palma, close to the sea and I short drive from the center of the city. The staff (especially Davinia at the front desk) was friendly, helpful, and spoke great english. There was a beautiful bar, nice bar, and delicious breakfast buffet (though we didn't love our lunch at the restaurant). My only major issue was the wifi access. Part of the reason I chose this hotel was the free wifi, which, as other reviewers have noted, doesn't really work if you're on the higher floors of the hotel. The staff would not admit that this was an issue, and just kept giving me codes and saying the router was being reset, despite the fact that I couldn't even get a signal from my room (on the 4th floor) or my friends' on the 3rd floor. It worked perfectly from the lobby though.
If wifi is not a priority, I'd definitely recommend staying at the UR Portofino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UR Portofino**** The UR Portofino Hotel is situated in the area of Ciudad Jardin, one of the closest beaches to the city of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location near the airport and few minutes away from the city, make it a perfect combination of functionality and comfort. The Bay of Palma is famous for the practice of aquatic sports such as windsurfing, stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, etc.. Around the hotel, you can rent the necessary equipment for the practice of them. A total of 66 rooms make up this beautiful and comfortable hotel, which has been decorated in a pure contemporary style. An exterior swimming pool as well as free wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a free safety deposit box in the room are also some of the services available. The Restaurant UR Portofino is located inside the hotel. Which offers a wide choice of seasonal Mediterranean cuisine, open to the public, with a separate entrance from the main street. It has its own bar with an outside terrace overlooking the swimming pool and offers guests the chance to enjoy a drink on the terrace at the sunset. The hotel UR Portofino is only a few metres away from the nearest beach and the sea promenade which starts at the yacht club in the city and stretches all the way to Playa the Palma, passing by the Cathedral, and the areas of el Portixol, Molinar, Ciudad Jardin, Can Pastilla and el Arenal. One can take a relaxing long walk, skate or cycle along the promenade or simply sit down by the sea and enjoy the breathtaking views. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Splitty, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel UR Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ur Portofino Urban Sea
- Hotel UR Portofino Palma De Mallorca, Majorca