This is a small, pleasant, modern hotel with a great location just 1 minute from the the beach. It is very close to the airport so be aware that there is airplane noise all day until late at night. With the windows shut it was not a problem to sleep but light sleepers would not be able to leave the window open. I was in the annex where rooms are very small - there is very little space around the bed (which was comfortable with good pillows and sheets). It was a squeeze to access the balcony (which overlooked the fans and vents of neighbouring restaurants. Those rooms not on the beach side have a poor view and those on the ground floor are quite dark so be very careful when booking. The bathroom was tiny - sitting on the loo one could rest one's head against the opposite wall! That said, it was spotlessly clean with good towels and a great shower. Also, the walls between the rooms are are very thin and the room doors slam a lot. The reception areas are relaxed with a casual/beach vibe. I didn't eat or drink there but the small bar area was pleasant and the breakfast spread looked fine. Staff were friendly. A couple of quibbles: 3pm checkin is late and my room was not ready until 3.20pm. Internet access from the lobby area is very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UR Portofino**** The UR Portofino Hotel is situated in the area of Ciudad Jardin, one of the closest beaches to the city of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location near the airport and few minutes away from the city, make it a perfect combination of functionality and comfort. The Bay of Palma is famous for the practice of aquatic sports such as windsurfing, stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, etc.. Around the hotel, you can rent the necessary equipment for the practice of them. A total of 66 rooms make up this beautiful and comfortable hotel, which has been decorated in a pure contemporary style. An exterior swimming pool as well as free wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a free safety deposit box in the room are also some of the services available. The Restaurant UR Portofino is located inside the hotel. Which offers a wide choice of seasonal Mediterranean cuisine, open to the public, with a separate entrance from the main street. It has its own bar with an outside terrace overlooking the swimming pool and offers guests the chance to enjoy a drink on the terrace at the sunset. The hotel UR Portofino is only a few metres away from the nearest beach and the sea promenade which starts at the yacht club in the city and stretches all the way to Playa the Palma, passing by the Cathedral, and the areas of el Portixol, Molinar, Ciudad Jardin, Can Pastilla and el Arenal. One can take a relaxing long walk, skate or cycle along the promenade or simply sit down by the sea and enjoy the breathtaking views. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel UR Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ur Portofino Urban Sea
- Hotel UR Portofino Palma De Mallorca, Majorca