“Looks like a chain: Performs like a local Italian”
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Ranked #1,299 of 2,320 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2014

When we first tried this we just had a lunchtime salad which was OK but didn't set our world on fire and wer disappointed that one of the choices ( a goats cheese salad) was unavailable. However when we tried it for an evening meal we were very impressed. Tried dishes included deep fried squid, spaghetti bolognese, the chefs seafood pasta, courgette ham and cream ravioli, a cheese and ham pizza and cannelloni all of which were enjoyed. Would happily try it again.

1  Thank MikeJL59

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Friendly staff, who will do what they can to help you.
We ordered our starter and 2 pasta dishes - I liked the way you can mix and match the pastas and sauces, make a change and plenty of choices. The starter arrived pretty quickly along with some bread, olives and ricotta cheese. We then waited almost 30 minutes for our main plates. The waitress popped over and asked if we were still waiting. She then when to check with the kitchen, where there had been a mix up, and we'd have to wait a few minutes more. The meals then arrived within about 5 minutes, my tortelleni was cold, so I sent it back. It came back to me slightly warmer, and in a hot plate (microwaved?), I was hungry so ate it anyway. The pesto my wife had was ok, but very oily. The pasta is apparently made fresh on site, which would be great if they could get the right meals out and hot!
The potential for this place is amazing, but there seem to be minor problems, worth a visit if you're in that part of town, but it really could go either way!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

On first glance with a glass window showing the cook preparing pasta you would think this would be a lot better restaurant but looks can be deceiving. I had the crab ravioli with a seafood dressing/ sauce and my friend had a soup dish as she was feeling a bit poorly and the food was ok if a little bland but what makes this place is the really average service be it the speed the language and the general attitude they just do not seem that bothered. We tried restaurants all along the passeo maritimo and this was by far the worst. Not a place I would recommend or would visit again, sorry.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The place looks the business with a girl on show making fresh pasta, but don't be tempted
We were a party of 6 and the only plate of food that was acceptable was a pizza! The rest of us were tempted by the fresh pasta, big mistake they were all inedible. Do yourself a favour and walk past In fact there is no point in going any further THE FOOD IS SHOCKNG

Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you cannot think where you would like to dine Piccola Italia is a good fall back restaurant. It has it's faults like is commented on in other reviews, but generally it's very good. You can dine outside at the pavement tables or inside.
The food and the service is good,but there can be slip up's with the order's,like in other reviews the staff speak mostly Spanish.
Do not like the fact that I have seen staff put any left over olives from the tables back into the big black olive pot for serving again(so don't eat the olives)