“Fresh pasta made on the premises”
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Ranked #1,273 of 2,356 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Pasta is freshly made every day (you can watch it being made from some of the seats inside the restaurant). Comprehensive Italian menu, reasonable wines and beware - the portiions are big....but they are also very tasty!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Fantastic choice of fresh pasta dishes - could happily work my way through the menu. Each of our party of 8 chose something different and everyone raved about their dish. Also does good selection of pizza. Nice atmosphere, traditional decor, very attentive staff. Limited tables on pavement outside but spacious inside.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The restaurant is perfectly situated, over looking the Marina of Palma.
The service was great, all the staff very attentive throughout the evening.
The Italian food made this meal one of the finest we have ever enjoyed, complimented by a wonderful choice of wines.
A great meal in a fantastic friendly restaurant.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have just eaten at the Piccola Italia restaurant and while it looks impressive from the outside I had a very disappointing meal. Firstly they brought the basket of breads that where not fresh and very hard and I had to ask for butter and balsamic vinegar. Then I must admit that the starter of Garlic Prawns were very nice but the most disappointing aspect of the meal was the main course. I had ordered Fusilli Alla Arriabiata, when it came it was clear that the pasta was so over cooked it was mushy bits of pasta covered with a chilli tomato sauce. There was not one recognisable piece of pasta that looked like fusilli and it just slid off the fork, it had disintegrated. When I complained about my meal the waiter pretended not to speak English and walked away, although he was more than happy to still charge me for the meal hence the report. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This review is not referring to the food at the Piccola which is as good as ever (especially the spaghetti vongole ).
It is aimed at the maitre'd (meeter and greeter) and table staff who really need taking to task on attitude.
Firstly on my many visits to this restaurant over the last six years I have found the above to be excellent...........NOT ANYMORE THEY ARE JUST RUDE AND UNDERTRAINED.
On arrival we were pointed towards an outside table,on requesting to be seated inside (more comfortable and away from the outside traffic noise) the arrogant young lady showed us to a table outside the toilets.On voicing my displeasure I then chose my own table -Please note the restuarant was not full and very few tables had reserved signs.On doing this she "tutted" and muttered something unintelligible-we really should have walked out then!!!
As I've stated above our food was good (as always) and the waiter was adequate if not a touch surly in manner.On receiving the bill we were overcharged and given the incorrect change,truly amazing as everything is automated.On pointing this out the error was corrected,but with little apology.
Will we be going back............not in this lifetime,Palma has too many excellent places to eat where they actually don't see the customers as a nuisance.